Newbie here. Time to regain control of my life

Options
Hello everyone. New to MFP. Looking forward to reclaiming my life (and body) back. :happy:

Replies

• maidsheila
    Options
    Good Luck to you! Today is my 1st day here too!.
  • denise980
    Options
    This is a great site! Really supportive! Good luck :smile:
  • Ruthann2
    Ruthann2 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am also new here trying to regain my life and my body since I have quit Smoking. Good luck to everyone here.
  • fitnesspal5
    Options
    WELCOME!

You have definitely come to the right site. It really is brilliant.

I have just come back from my jolly holidays and I am ready to get started again. If you want a weight loss buddy, I'm here! *raises hand excitedly* .... haha!
  • fitnesspal5
    Options
    WELCOME!

You have definitely come to the right site. It really is brilliant.

I have just come back from my jolly holidays and I am ready to get started again. If you want a weight loss buddy, I'm here! *raises hand excitedly* .... haha!
  • nettaw0204
    nettaw0204 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome. Wishing everyone the fortitude and strength for their journey.
  • dezibear1
    dezibear1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Newbie Congrats on making the first step, it was only four months ago I did the same! I had told myself tomorrow I will eat better and tomorrow I will exercise. Only to find that tomorrow was only an excuse it NEVER came! My friend told me about my fitness pal and I am now sharing it with my friends and family some stick with it and others check in like once a week. I wanted to say I have lost almost 20lbs just by doing my fitness pal and working out. I don't like to go to the gym because I feel its to crowded and I spend most of the time waiting for equipment and next thing I know I have been gone for three hours. So if I have any advice for you at least get a DVD so you have something to fall back on! My favorites are the biggest loser dvd's such as last chance workout and cardio max! They are killers but I got results fast! Good luck to you!
  • nettaw0204
    nettaw0204 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree. I kept saying "tomorrow I will eat better and workout"...unfortunately it did not happen. But when I saw my wedding photos I realized I could not let this cycle continue. It is definitely hard for me to get out during these cold winter months. DVDs and active video games are a god send. Recently I discovered my wii ( which was collecting dust) is my weapon to get going on my exercise routine. I absolutely love just dance 2 and michael jackson experience. I just received EA sport 2 active...can't wait to start the 9 week course.
  • dezibear1
    dezibear1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    so my girlfriend has the EA sports and she swears by it!:smile:
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! I love it here. I'm with people who know what they want and are actually going after it. If you'd like you can send me a friend request.