crock pot?

Options
hi i was just wondering is a crock pot the same as a slow cooker? and does anybody have any ideas what to use instead as i dont have one of these. Thanks

Replies

• mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yes, I believe it is the same :-)
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    same thing, you can get one for $20, $25 at walmart
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    You might be able to cook on your stovetop but I'd try it on a day when you're home to keep an eye on it first to get the temperature setting right before I'd dare leave it unattended. You'd need a pan with a tight fitting lid.
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    As far as I know yes...And the only other item would be dutch oven to my knowledge.. I have both and love them. I know the dutch oven I can pass on to my children and I have converted totally to cast iron pans :)
  • carissagrayson
    Options
    Crockpot is just a name brand of slow cookers.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    yes - same thing. I am definitely no chef, but love using ours. It's super easy and makes some great chili's, soups, stews etc.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Crockpot is a GOOD brand of slow cooker
  • EdgeChic
    Options
    They are the same thing :) I would recommend investing in one, they are FANTASTIC!

I have The Everything Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook and have made lots of fabulous, healthy recipes!

Also, this blog http://hopealicious.blogspot.com is about a working mom and her slow cooking adventures, she has some really great and easy recipes.

They are really inexpensive $25 for a 4-6qt and you are set.

I would cease to exist without mine, it saves me trouble and time. I use it 3-4 times a week, at least.

Good luck!
  • shellywelly123
    shellywelly123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    :happy: ah ok thanks think i may have to venture to buy one. Sounds like it makes a lot of meals easier which is what i need when work late shifts