Frustrated...

i am so frustrated. i work my *kitten* off at the gym.. i do anywhere from 60-90 minutes of cardio a day. i eat no more than 1500 calories a day. i drink anywhere from 4-6 liters of water a day. i have one soda a week. AND I HAVE ONLY LOST 2 POUNDS! i guess i cant complain too much because i am a muscular woman and i would rather have my muscles than be skinny skinny. but i want to be a size 9.. and my pants arent getting looser. UGH! i think it has a lot to do with stress. i am taking care of my dad and live with my parents since my partner is on deployment and i am stressed out!!!

sorry guys, i just needed to vent. its nice to write on here...

Replies

• i am so frustrated. i work my *kitten* off at the gym.. i do anywhere from 60-90 minutes of cardio a day. i eat no more than 1500 calories a day. i drink anywhere from 4-6 liters of water a day. i have one soda a week. AND I HAVE ONLY LOST 2 POUNDS! i guess i cant complain too much because i am a muscular woman and i would rather have my muscles than be skinny skinny. but i want to be a size 9.. and my pants arent getting looser. UGH! i think it has a lot to do with stress. i am taking care of my dad and live with my parents since my partner is on deployment and i am stressed out!!!

sorry guys, i just needed to vent. its nice to write on here...
  • If it helps, I understand your frustration. I have found it such a slow process. I cant get to the gym every day, usually I make it 3 times per week. I find that i cant do weight training any more than that though because I tend to put muscle on really quickly, but cant fit my old clothes to compensate!! I have done quite a bit of research and the advice on resting calories varies SO much! I eat really healthy, lots of low GI, which I find makes a difference, (even if its just bread). I'm full all the time, but I cant get to 1200 calories, i'm usually around 700 (even if i workout that day).
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    helton,

I understand your pain, I have seen my wife go through it for the last 2 years. I think that maybe for you waist size and weight isn't the way to measure your sucess, have you been testing your body fat index? That is another way to check for progress, if your body fat is dropping, you are becomming more fit, and eventually, the sizes will come down. Remember, all our bodies are different. You may be loosing fat in an area that you can't quickly recognize, and because you are gaining muscle, then you don't see the loss on the scale. Look at it this way, my wife didn't loose a pound for like 8 months, but she was getting stronger the whole time, it made her crazy, but just recently, in the last 3 months, she has dropped a full 2 inches off her waist! Eventually it will happen, you just have to have faith!

:smile:
  • Caliente007
    Caliente007 Posts: 10 Member
    Wow you sound like me... including the build.... I have alot of muscle on my body and I NEVER lose weight . I lose inches. I just hired a trainer and he was giving me the 411 on people that are built like us. He said its not something we need extensively he said we need to do no more then 20 to 30 mins. We need to focus on weights and slow reps like maybe do 20 and then another 20 on the same weight. So my first session was yesterday. I will keep you posted.
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Don't give up. It is slow going for me, too. It is harder when you don't have as much to lose, either.
    Don't worry! It will come!
  • thanks guys for all your input. i always love reading what people have to say. all of you helped me in some way.

i do know that i have lost inches on my belly, which is my main aspect on all this working out. its just frustrating when you work out so hard and you eat healthy and you get no results. i guess i will just have to change up my workouts and do something different. i started running 2.5 miles atleast 3 times a week, so maybe i will see some results soon. i way in on the 15th so wish me luck.

my current weight is 181 and i would love to be 165 by january 29 (thats when my girlfriend gets back from deployment and i want her to see a new me :)) but if i dont reach my goal, no biggie. i know i will be in the best shape ever since i stopped playing softball in college.
  • I read both of your posts. Don't give up. Two things I noted were one that the amount you want to lose in the next 10 weeks is pretty aggressive. That is a little more than a pound a week. The other thing is that it looks like you are not eating enough. Really take a close look at the calorie recommendations and factor in your calories burned. I have had the same problem you are having except I actually gained fat while I was starving myself accidentaly. I stuck with the daily calorie recommendations and ignored the extra calories burned thinking I would just burn it faster. It did not work out well for me.
  • thanks guys for all your input. i always love reading what people have to say. all of you helped me in some way.

i do know that i have lost inches on my belly, which is my main aspect on all this working out. its just frustrating when you work out so hard and you eat healthy and you get no results. i guess i will just have to change up my workouts and do something different. i started running 2.5 miles atleast 3 times a week, so maybe i will see some results soon. i way in on the 15th so wish me luck.

my current weight is 181 and i would love to be 165 by january 29 (thats when my girlfriend gets back from deployment and i want her to see a new me :)) but if i dont reach my goal, no biggie. i know i will be in the best shape ever since i stopped playing softball in college.

OMG, I TOTALLY WROTE WAY IN INSTEAD OF WEIGH IN.. MY MIND IS SOMEWHERE ELSE.. IM A DEE DEE DEE...
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    OMG, I TOTALLY WROTE WAY IN INSTEAD OF WEIGH IN.. MY MIND IS SOMEWHERE ELSE.. IM A DEE DEE DEE...

Not a problem. We all do it from time to time. We knew what you meant. :flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Are you eatting enough??? Sounds crazy, I know, but you have to eat enough to keep your metabolism up and for daily body functions. You may need to add a few hundred calories, like a snack only and you may see better results.

Also it is highly recommended to stick to a 1-2 lb weight loss per week and if you goal is 165 and you loose 1.6 lbs per week you will reach your goal.
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    What's your protein intake like? My trainer told me that he had a client similar to your situation...as soon as he got his protein to be 30% of his diet (and kept up with the working out), he dropped the pounds quickly. I'm finding the same thing. I weigh 188 (definitely have more muscle than a lot of women, so I weigh more than I look...at least I hope so) and now that I'm burning around 3500-4500/week, I am really trying to stay on top of it. The results have been great so far. I've lost 5.4 lbs in the last two weeks. And it's not just because I just started and it's all water or something. I have been working out with my trainer for a year and finally after getting myself together and eating the way he's been telling me to, I'm dropping weight. Good luck!
  • Have you checked out the body-type and weight calculators? What I mean is, perhaps your body type, bone structure, heredity, metabolism, all of it comes in to play here - will not let you be a size 9. For example, I'm muscular, medium-boned, average height 5' 4". My ideal/healthy weight for my height, age and bone structure falls within the range of 135 to 150 pounds. I might get down to a size 10, but I will never be any smaller without putting my health at risk and/or losing muscle mass. I'll bet that once you get within the recommended weight for your body type, and your muscles are toned up, you'll look great - no matter what dress size you are.
  • i was doing really good about a month ago with eating every 3-4 hours, but the past 2 weeks I havent really had an appetite so I dont eat as much. And thats probably my problem right there. Since there are groceries now in my frig and pantry, I told myself that I need to eat more. I think I drink way too much water where it makes me not very hungry.

And about protein.. I eat a chicken breast and this website says I went way over my limit. But I am going to eat a little more protein each day.

Thanks guys for everything... Yall make me happy ;)
  • so i talked to a trainer today about my caloric intake. myfitnesspal wants me to only eat 1490 calories a day and he said that is way too little. because of my height and weight and because of how much i work out, i should be eating atleast 2000-2200 calories a day. it seems alot but i think it will help because i will start eating about every 3-4 hours. maybe that will speed up my metabolism and get me to losing this damn belly fat :)

also, im not eating enough protein so i have to start eating that! im not a big meat eater so i guess i will just have to start from now on. i guess beef is whats for dinner :)
  • so i didn't read all the replies but I just wanted to remind you that even though you aren't loosing weight, you probably are gaining muscle, which weighs more, so don't get too frustrated!
  • I am a big meat eater but still can't get enough protein that way for the amounts I want daily. Protein powder is the way to go for me. You can't beat the powders for protein versus calories. I use Optimum Nutrion 100% whey for when I want fast digesting protein and 100% Casein for when I want something that will fill me up and tide me over to my next meal. The Casein is so thick I'm sure you could make a good pudding out of it if your got a little creative. The Whey digests like water and mixes very easily. You might also try beef jerky as a snack. That is almost all protein and usaully you can find brands that have almost no fat.