Who needs taco bell???

Options
eHarris
eHarris Posts: 160
So I've been skimming pages upon pages of the Hungry Girl site on my down time at work. Some of the stuff in there looks pretty good so I've been giving them a try. And I have to say I found a swap tonight that will stay in my diet FOR-EV-VER...:laugh:

I didn't have the taco sauce so I traded that out with regular salsa and it was still super yummy. I also ate the whole pack (1cup) of the crumbles. This thing tasted like the real deal!

Taco Bell "Beefy-Cheesy Melt" Swap

Ingredients:
1 La Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat Low-Carb/Low-Fat Tortilla, Large (sometimes labeled Smart & Delicious Low Carb High Fiber)
1/2 cup frozen ground-beef-style soy crumbles (like Boca Ground Burger or Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Grillers Recipe Crumbles)
1/2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
1/2 wedge The Laughing Cow cheese, Light Original Swiss
1 tbsp. fat-free sour cream
1 tsp. taco seasoning mix
1/2 tsp. taco sauce

Directions:
Place frozen soy crumbles, Laughing Cow cheese and taco seasoning mix in a small microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave for 45 - 60 seconds. Remove, add taco sauce, and mix well. Lay tortilla out on a large microwave-safe plate, and then warm it in the microwave for about 10 seconds. Place the soy crumble mixture in the center of the tortilla. Next, cover the mixture with the shredded cheese. Place the tortilla, open-faced, in the microwave for about 40 seconds (until shredded cheese has melted slightly). Remove plate from the microwave, and place sour cream on top of the melty cheese layer. Then, wrap the tortilla up by first folding in the sides and then rolling it up from the bottom. With the seam side down on the plate, heat the wrap in the microwave for another 30 seconds. Enjoy! MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: 1 Cheesy Beefy Supreme Wrap (entire recipe)
Calories: 267
Fat: 6g
Sodium: 1,460mg
Carbs: 30g
Fiber: 16g
Sugars: 2g
Protein: 38g

POINTS® value 5*

Replies

• eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options
    So I've been skimming pages upon pages of the Hungry Girl site on my down time at work. Some of the stuff in there looks pretty good so I've been giving them a try. And I have to say I found a swap tonight that will stay in my diet FOR-EV-VER...:laugh:

I didn't have the taco sauce so I traded that out with regular salsa and it was still super yummy. I also ate the whole pack (1cup) of the crumbles. This thing tasted like the real deal!

Taco Bell "Beefy-Cheesy Melt" Swap

Ingredients:
    1 La Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat Low-Carb/Low-Fat Tortilla, Large (sometimes labeled Smart & Delicious Low Carb High Fiber)
    1/2 cup frozen ground-beef-style soy crumbles (like Boca Ground Burger or Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Grillers Recipe Crumbles)
    1/2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
    1/2 wedge The Laughing Cow cheese, Light Original Swiss
    1 tbsp. fat-free sour cream
    1 tsp. taco seasoning mix
    1/2 tsp. taco sauce

Directions:
    Place frozen soy crumbles, Laughing Cow cheese and taco seasoning mix in a small microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave for 45 - 60 seconds. Remove, add taco sauce, and mix well. Lay tortilla out on a large microwave-safe plate, and then warm it in the microwave for about 10 seconds. Place the soy crumble mixture in the center of the tortilla. Next, cover the mixture with the shredded cheese. Place the tortilla, open-faced, in the microwave for about 40 seconds (until shredded cheese has melted slightly). Remove plate from the microwave, and place sour cream on top of the melty cheese layer. Then, wrap the tortilla up by first folding in the sides and then rolling it up from the bottom. With the seam side down on the plate, heat the wrap in the microwave for another 30 seconds. Enjoy! MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: 1 Cheesy Beefy Supreme Wrap (entire recipe)
    Calories: 267
    Fat: 6g
    Sodium: 1,460mg
    Carbs: 30g
    Fiber: 16g
    Sugars: 2g
    Protein: 38g

POINTS® value 5*
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I will definitely give this a try. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
  • dmor
    dmor Posts: 33
    Options
    Great recipe, thanks for sharing.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I made these. I used half boca crumbles and half refried beans (instead of one serving of boca crumbles.... same calorie count). I used a different tortilla wrapper, which must have accounted for the difference in calories. Mine came up to 367. However it was the most FILLING meal evah! Loved it, and so did both the hubby and the picky eater 3 year old! MIRACLES!!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I made them too but I didn't like the laughing cow...it was probably me, but it didn't melt well and I didn't love the taste....going to try a different cheese next time.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    This recipe helped me figure out what the stupid cow is laughing at.

HE'S LAUGHING AT ME, TRYING TO UNWRAP THE STUPID CHEEEEEEZE!! :explode: