Healthy Foods from Scratch

bigjim59
bigjim59 Posts: 3 Member
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
I do a lot of cooking from scratch. Can anyone recommend an "all natural" or organic recipe site that shows nutritional value based on the submitted recipe and portions/? I know there's gotta be one out there somewhere. I have a few iPhone apps, and I have a bunch of cooking websites bookmarked, but none of them seem to do what I would like them to do for me.

Replies

• I add all my recipes ingredients as a new recipe under the Food tab. It figures all the nutritional information out per serving size.
    I'm hope that helps. Good luck.
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Whole Foods Market has some really delicious recipes on their website, all reasonably healthy with nutrition info per serving. My favorite part? They give an approximate weight for a serving, so you can dish out one serving from a recipe without dividing up the whole recipe into the right number of servings to determine portion size!
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    great website for recipes and it shows all the nutritional values per serving (i find that helpful!) www.familyoven.com
  • I like this tool. It’s great for copying and pasting ingredients and getting a preview of the nutrient breakdown:

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php
  • Roberts1970
    Roberts1970 Posts: 1 Member
    try the website eatingwell.com
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    I add all my recipes ingredients as a new recipe under the Food tab. It figures all the nutritional information out per serving size.
    I'm hope that helps. Good luck.

I have done this also.
    Being I too cook from what ever comes to mind and what recipes I have created over the last 10 years. I have entered them in but the amounts I use and then I just know how many servings I can get out of each .

but you can just try searching with some key words what you are looking for.
    you could try seeing what food network has, but most Chefs dont add the nutrition facts to recipes b/c we dont all cook by measuring cups but by hand fulls and dashes and pinches.
    ~Chef Jenn~
This discussion has been closed.