Oh No!

Options
I have been using MFP for just over a week and loving it! I've already lost two lbs.....but tonight- oh no! I ordered a salad while my family had pizza and I couldn't help myself. Ate my whole salad, two garlic knots, a slice of pizza and soda. Am I doomed?

Replies

• sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    psh I ate five peaces of pizza tonight, you have nothing to worry about, make tomorrow better and maybe work out a little harder
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    no!!!! alot of people on here have a cheat night. Just remember your goal. It gets more rewarding as you go along!!!!!! Good luck on your journey.
  • sarahtroupe
    Options
    Sorry I laughed when I read this because thats how I sound atleast once a wk:)
  • mlaugh
    mlaugh Posts: 30
    Options
    I eat bad a few meals on the weekend, otherwise I would go nuts
  • EDBENAGLIO
    Options
    WELL MAYBE FOR A DAY OR TWO (LAST TIME I DID IT IT TOOK A WEEK TO FIX) BUT LIKE I TELL THE WIFE

LOG IT.. LEARN FROM IT...FORGET IT.. IT IS IN THERE NOW JUST WORKOUT ALITTLE HARDER..
  • ChelDM
    ChelDM Posts: 145
    Options
    Get right back on track and stick to it...Keep in mind 3,500 calories per week is 1 lb...so exercise and a strict plan will get you back on track.

:flowerforyou:
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I had chicken wings today.... got it without the breading and only ate five but they were HUGE!
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Why would one mean "doom" you? You might retain water/bloat...but that's it. Also, salad is pretty much free, same with any other vegetable (but the stuff you add to it-hardboiled eggs, dressing, etc is definitely NOT free).
  • autumn5gabby
    Options
    I think a salad and 2 slices of pizza would be good. I would ship the soda and the garlic bread. I think you did ok.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    Does one bad quiz doom a student?
    Does one bad date doom a relationship?
    Does showing up for work late once get you fired?

This is for the long haul, not one week or one night. Don't think of it that way. Be honest with yourself, don't expect perfection but do not allow yourself to slide into permissiveness and try to strike a balance. Realize that you are not depriving yourself but rather moving forward with your health and esteem. Just don't waste time and energy feeling guilt and giving yourself self recriminations :) Life is too short!

Good luck
  • d45j
    d45j Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    LMAO...only one slice??? It sounds like you're doing great. : )
    Like sexygenius said, use it as motivation to do better and work harder tomorrow.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Maybe for today...but tomorrow you get to start fresh! I know how hard it is. My husband tempted me with take out Chinese food tonight!
  • ethel64
    Options
    i did the same thing tonight subway was great lol, but i still stayed under my calories between walking, shoveling snow and my stationary bike i was ok to have a fun night... never hurts to treat yourself just not too often...
  • sturgill
    sturgill Posts: 118
    Options
    if you didn't have a problem with food temptations you would probably not be on this site lol
    we all eat the wrong stuff or to much of even the right stuff - just keep on keeping on - don't beat yourself up
  • cingerl
    cingerl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I go through the same thing at least once a week. Today all I've done is think about food. I'm ready to cave. I just tell me I will be super duper good the rest of the week. It's hard but when we lose those pounds is great!
  • jltodd99
    Options
    I had pizza for dinner, too. Only I ate 4 pieces! Had lots of workout time today so according to MFP I still have extra calories today, but I am stuffed!
    Tomorrow is another day and I won't be eating pizza for a while.
    DON'T CAVE! We all have days like this. You can do it and we are all here to support you.
  • kimeister
    Options
    Naw. You have to live a little, and you didn't do nearly as much damage as you could've. Just realize that that tomato sauce is probably loaded with sodium -as is regular soda- so you're pretty likely to retain some fluids which will show on the scale. Just get back on the horse and you'll be great.
  • Twinsytoo
    Twinsytoo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    When you're bad, drink more water....lol
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Does one bad quiz doom a student?
    Does one bad date doom a relationship?
    Does showing up for work late once get you fired?

This is for the long haul, not one week or one night. Don't think of it that way. Be honest with yourself, don't expect perfection but do not allow yourself to slide into permissiveness and try to strike a balance. Realize that you are not depriving yourself but rather moving forward with your health and esteem. Just don't waste time and energy feeling guilt and giving yourself self recriminations :) Life is too short!

Good luck

My Sentiments EXACTLY! Someone once told me...There's 21 main meals in a week...Messing up one isnt going to ruin your week! Keep doing what you're doing! Good Luck darling!
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Well, yeah I made the mistake of baking cookies today. Oatmeal raisin. Made them really tiny and then sent them with the fiance to work after I ate 5 fresh out of the window. The only good thing is I stayed in my calorie count because of exercising and shoveling out my fiance's car and our walkway.