Advice needed!

Options
Ok so I think my husband is trying to sabatoge the new changes I have made! I started here a couple weeks ago and started going to the gym again about a month ago. I started to lose the weight and now he comes up with excuses to go out to eat and (we share a car) to pick me up right after work, thus not allowing me to go to the gym. He keeps telling me hes proud of me and happy I am getting healthier, so im not sure hes even doing it on purpose, but hes driving me nuts! Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks :)

Replies

• Kathy11174
    Options
    Talk to him, he may not even realize he is feeling that way. When I first started losing weight after my gastric bypass 7 years ago my husband finally broke down and told me he was scared that when I got thin I would leave him. Even though this is our journey to a healthier us it is partly theirs too and they need to know we are not going anywhere! Tell him how you feel and that you want the time for you and you understand that he needs time with you too. Set up a date night and go out for dinner just choose the healthier stuff on the menu. Just be honest!!
  • tokenana
    Options
    maybe he just cant get enough of you!! and he wants to show you to the world with him by ur side and what she said above that he is sared you will leave l..
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I would set dates that you guys are going to go out to eat...then it's something you both can look forward to (and you can choose healthier items). Also, tell him you really want to go to the gym after work, and that it is important to you. If he wants to pick you up from work, that's great...but, have him drop you off at them gym. Ask him if he wants to get a membership...you two can work out together!~ Although, i tried that last part with my husband and he wasn't interested...so I still work out alone.
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My husband does that too, so when you get to the restaurant talk about trying to find good healthy food on the menu. Talk about why you made a healthy choice. When he finds that you are going to eat well even in a restarant, it will stop.

When you do eat out, most restarants will substitute extra vegetable for potato, they usually have low fat dressing. There is usually plenty you can eat.

It certainly does help to reinforce that just because you loose weight, you will not love him any less. In fact by being healthy you will be sticking around longer.
  • racergirl1991
    racergirl1991 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Your the best!