How many calories, on average, do YOU burn a day from exerci

Options
I mean YOU personally.

Just wondering. (: I usually only burn 100-350 a day and I am not really seeing any results. I probably need to do more...

- s t a r s t r u k k 3 6 0

Replies

• cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day, but probably about the same as you.
  • tammy200678
    tammy200678 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    On average I do 600 to 900 and Am loosing about 2 to 3 pounds a week
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I gave myself a 7 day challenge to burn 500 calories a day and then I made myself a blog about it to keep track.
    I mainly walk to get this in and do weight lifting 3 days a week. I am slowly adding in push ups and sit ups
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    between 250 and 500
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    From my HRM, I typically burn between 400-500 on my treadmills runs. Just under 300 for a basic elliptical go and around 200+ for an average stationary bike time. I rotate and pair them accordingly to keep things switched up. And those numbers go up and down dependig on if I change the amount of time I do each one, but those are my averages.
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm at 4000 for the week so far. If anything, I had a couple light says. So would have to say anywhere between 500 and 700 a day.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    It depends. The days that I get to the gym (usu. 5-6 days/wk) I'll burn 400-700, dep. on what I do. On days that I exercise at home, I'll burn 200-300. Then there are days that I don't do anything! Gotta have a day of rest too!

But any bit that you burn is something, and will help. As long as you are maintaining your cal. goal, you will lose weight. The more you exercise, the more physically fit/tone etc you'll be.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I usually burn 200-400, so not much more than you. The AHA (American Heart Association) recommends 30 minutes of activity most days of the week. Most exercise burns about 100 or so calories every 10 minutes, so that's 300 calories a day. Of course more will help you lose weight faster, but if you bump it up to closer to 300 calories most days, you may be happier.
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    about 300-375
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I burn between 300-500 a day. Depending on what I do.
  • sdwsara
    Options
    I do Turbofire and anywhere from 450-900+ cals a day working out alone :)
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I don't know... but when I need to, I do a lot of sit ups. O_O ... I have no clue if it's working or not, but I have been losing a pound a week so far since I joined MFP :D
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    This week I'm doing the 3500 for the week challenge, but normally it's about 2500-3000 for the week. I usually take a day or two of, so when I workout it's at least 400, sometimes more.
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    This week I'm doing the 3500 for the week challenge, but normally it's about 2500-3000 for the week. I usually take a day or two of, so when I workout it's at least 400, sometimes more.
    I break it up though, I'll walk or jog in the morning, then go to the gym in the evening.
  • Altiv
    Altiv Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Now with the Jillian Michael's dvds, I burn on average 550-650 cals, sometimes more, but when I exercise by myself usually I burn around 400-500 cals.
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    200-650
  • Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Same as you about. 130 - 250 5 days a week. Losing about 1 1/2 a week most weeks! Keep up the good exercise habits you've set!
  • vayax
    vayax Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    between 200 and 450 depending on what I do. I'm seeing slow but steady results
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    500+ calories/workout. When I go to the gym my goal is always 500calories for that day. I usually meet it and often go over. If I know I'm gonna have a special meal or that I'm going to be missing a few days of working out, I'll aim higher.
  • jenningssarah70
    Options
    I usually burn any where from 300 to 500 calories a day when I go to the gym. You have to keep in mind that when you work out your build more muscle and muscle is heavier then fat. So, if you are not dieting at the same time you may not see a decrease in your weight but if you start measuring your waist and hips you will see that you are losing inches instead of pounds.