Timex HRM

Options
Hey pals,

I'm looking for an inexpensive HRM that has a chest strap and counts calories.

I found one on sale on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Timex-T5G971-Unisex-Personal-Monitor/dp/B000P8VWQS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298682882&sr=8-1

Has anyone used this or another Timex before?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• EDBENAGLIO
    Options
    i don't use that one but have not heard good things about it. i got mine from walmart for 49.99 with chest strap an us it everyday for 12 hours
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I have this one...got it a couple weeks ago. I've never had one before so nothing to compare it to but I like it. It's comfortable and easy to use.
  • bgeer34
    bgeer34 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My husband just got this watch and it seems to work pretty good. I have trouble learning new electronics with lots of buttons but it seemed easy enough for me yet accurate as well. We have just ordered a second one for me.
  • lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I currently have the Timex Ironman HRM. It was a watch style and does not have a chest strap. It took two of us to calibrate it and I'm afraid that I don't have everything right yet. It reads about 100 calories below what my treadmill reads. I find some of the data on the watch face difficult to read, but that could just be because my eyes don't work as well anymore. :ohwell:
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I have it and I'm very pleased with it.
  • GiGGiTy3434
    GiGGiTy3434 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have this one and it's very easy to set up and use. It seems to be pretty accurate. The only problem if you can call it that is if you are working out at the gym and you get on equipment that has a heart rate monitor installed on it, that equipment will pick up the heart rate instead of the watch. It's not a big deal but you have to keep track of the watch and the equipment. Once your away from any equipment, it works just fine.
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I just got my Timex HRM for about a week...I loved it... So far good ....I am happy with the purchase and spent about $72 from amazon..It is very simple to use...