HELP!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!HELP!!!

mistyb47711
mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
Someone tell me if you eat all your exercise calories back or not! If your cal goal is 1200 and you burn 475 cal a day with your BMR burning 1600 a day just not doing anything.....Alot of people have alot of answers on here....My nutritionist told me not to unless I burn over 500 cals... Help!! help!!!

Replies

• I'm not sure I understand your question completely, but I think you are asking if you exercise can you eat those calories back. There is a message at the bottom of the page when you finish your entry and are not eating enough calories. It will tell you that you need to eat more otherwise your body will go into starvation mode and its harder to lose weight. It seems you are already losing weight, so just keep doing what you are doing.
  • Yes, MFP figures it out for you to lose your goal weight if you stay at or just under your daily calories. The more you burn, the more you get to eat... ;)
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    I usually eat most of mine. I exercise in the morning though so I start my day knowing what I have and ad some nuts or hummas and veggies or crackers. I also allow myself a glass of red wine three or four times a week if I have the calories. So far I have lost at least a pound a week which is what I'm shooting for.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    There are soooo many topics on this that will answer your question completely and accurately. Just search the key words!
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    I DON'T EAT ALL MY EXERCISE CALORIES. BUT THERE ARE FOLK ON HERE ALOT LONGER THAN ME WHO SAY YOU SHOULD. GOOD LUCK!
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    There are soooo many topics on this that will answer your question completely and accurately. Just search the key words!

Thank you! People seem to miss the nice little search function way too much on here. Sorry, OP, this isn't an affront to you, just a general comment.
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    ok I think i get it now....even though I eat 1200 and then go exercise and burn 400 that puts me at 800 for the day so I need to eat the 400 to keep me at the 1200 for the day....
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 776 Member
    I DON'T EAT ALL MY EXERCISE CALORIES. BUT THERE ARE FOLK ON HERE ALOT LONGER THAN ME WHO SAY YOU SHOULD. GOOD LUCK!
    Why are you YELLING? :frown:
    ok I think i get it now....even though I eat 1200 and then go exercise and burn 400 that puts me at 800 for the day so I need to eat the 400 to keep me at the 1200 for the day....

Exactly! :flowerforyou:
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Why are you YELLING? :frown:

Heather - Is this better? The all caps is just a habit on my part because I type orders for my admins. They say it's easier to read. I read your thread about it bothering you so much. So sorry I have upset you so much. I never considered all caps yelling. But then, I have alot of other things to worry about.

Exactly! :flowerforyou:
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    I've just broken through a 3 month plateau, and the only thing I've done differnt is to eat up ALL my exercise calories. I usually burn between 300 and 600 cals a day exercising, and after a while not eating them back put me into starvation mode. After just under a week of eating them my scale is moving down again.
  • denisedepaul42
    denisedepaul42 Posts: 7 Member
    I do not eat those extra calories. I eat what my trainer set for me 1200-1400 per day only! In 5-weeks down 16.9 pounds. I add more protien on high cardio days but stay within in my calorie range. (except on CHEAT DAY!!!! Then I eat about double my normal daily calories--Tonight...Pizza night YEAH)
This discussion has been closed.