EA Active Calorie Count

Options
I know this question comes up for a lot of exercises, but HRM peoples do you know how accurate the calorie counter on EA Active is? I love it but I don't want to rely on it if it's WAY off.

Replies

• annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I can't give you an answer....yet. My HRM just came in at Walmart and I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. But I swear it's to low, cuz I was working my butt off and built up a great sweat and didn't burn hardly anything.
  • dengarrett
    Options
    I used a Body Bugg for a bit to measure the accuracy of callories on EA Sport Active and found that sometimes it was close and other times the BB showed that I burned more. But the BB never showed less than EA Sports Active. I bought a cheap HRM sensor for my I-Phone with my Polaris chest strap, but could not get it to work because the phone was too far away while I was excercising.
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I do active 2 and wondered the same thing. I did notice it only counts calories during the time you are doing the exercises and not the time between. I walk in place or do something while waiting so I know I am burning more. I would love to get a heart monitor and will do one day. May check play it again sports this weekend for one first.

Anyways I usually add some calories to amount it says I burned.
  • autiemommy
    Options
    My calories burned on my hrm are always a lil lower then what ea active and golds gym say. But not too bad maybe 10 calories diff.
  • tarrox
    tarrox Posts: 47
    Options
    my HRM is sometimes double what EA shows. EA only counts the calories burned during the activities, nothing in between (loading time).
  • Carru1
    Carru1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I can't give you an answer....yet. My HRM just came in at Walmart and I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. But I swear it's to low, cuz I was working my butt off and built up a great sweat and didn't burn hardly anything.

That's what I was worried about because my sweat ratio just doesn't match the calories it says I burned. Let me know what your HRM says K?
  • sharper43
    Options
    Nothing is more depressing than working my *kitten* off for 30 minutes and only burning 100 cals. I'm having the same issue. I'm hoping to get a REAL HRM soon.
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I wore both the games HRM and my Sportline HRM the first few times after I got my personal one. The first one I did, the games said I burned 120, my personal one said I burned 360!!! The next two times I used them both my Sportline always was at least 100 calories burned over what the game said. I stopped using the games after that.