Have another question for tonight, about Truvia

Mommyof4ts
Mommyof4ts Posts: 15
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
I bought a big box of truvia packets the other day when shopping since I read on here its great substitute for sugar. When I got home my husband mentioned that the box has a big Strawberry on it. Now, im allergic to Strawberries and the box doesnt say anything other then it has natural flavors. So im wondering if I just bought the wrong package or do they all have strawberries on them? Ive been too afraid to try it for fear Ill wind up in the hospital from an allergic reaction. Thanks for any help with this!!

Replies

• Have you tried looking it up on their website or something like that... usually i just google things to find out. good luck!
  • MsTrudy66
    MsTrudy66 Posts: 24 Member
    I use Truvia all the time. All I've read is that it is naturally occurring in the Stevia leaf plant. I personally don't think it is related to strawvberries, but I agree you should google the info. I have learned alot about artificial sweeteners that way because asparatame/phenylalanine is toxic and makes me physically sick. Truvia is fine for me. Good luck!
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    No, the ingredients show:

Erythritol, rebiana and natural flavors.

Sweet Leaf is another good sweetner.
  • MsTrudy66
    MsTrudy66 Posts: 24 Member
    http://truvia.com/about/made-from-plants/default.aspx

Hope this site answers your questions. :))
This discussion has been closed.