MFP Biking Challenge June 29

Options
shorerider
shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
End of another week! How'd everyone do this past week? I got in 76 miles--86 if you count the 10 on the virtual bike at the gym.

The last few days have been just brutal here as far as weather. This morning, it was 82 degrees outside at 5:00am! Supposed to have storms later and then more HOT weather tomorrow with storms moving in.

Haven't been on the bike since Thursday but did use the virtual one at the gym yesterday and think I might go back today after church. It's such a good work-out! I only did 10 miles but with the hills the program had, my thighs feel like I rode 40 miles! Hoping I can get back out on the "real" thing though Tuesday morning--supposed to cool down somewhat.

Replies

• shorerider
    Options
    End of another week! How'd everyone do this past week? I got in 76 miles--86 if you count the 10 on the virtual bike at the gym.

The last few days have been just brutal here as far as weather. This morning, it was 82 degrees outside at 5:00am! Supposed to have storms later and then more HOT weather tomorrow with storms moving in.

Haven't been on the bike since Thursday but did use the virtual one at the gym yesterday and think I might go back today after church. It's such a good work-out! I only did 10 miles but with the hills the program had, my thighs feel like I rode 40 miles! Hoping I can get back out on the "real" thing though Tuesday morning--supposed to cool down somewhat.
  • bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Options
    Going biking this morning - just 10 miles around the base loop near my house. Just getting started really. This will be my second 10 mile ride.
  • shorerider
    Options
    Great--10 miles is a good ride. It took me a month to get up to 10 miles!
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Last week 64.10.

I just got back from a 16.3 mile ride in the 91 degree heat. I think I'll go to the pool and cool off.
  • bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Options
    whoo hoo!!! Just rode 10.4 miles and averaged 12 mph!!! Thanks for the encouragement (above).
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I did over 100 miles and my goal was 75! I took yesterday off.

This weeks goal will also be 75. We are going away for the 4th, but plan on taking the bikes. Have a lot of other things to do though so not sure when we will get it in.
  • familybugs
    familybugs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    At home in Phoenix I rode

Tues- 16.6 miles
    Wed - 16.9 miles

Went to Flagstaff to ride in cool weather!!:bigsmile:

Sat- 44 miles
    Sun - 21.9

Total - 99.4 miles.... catching up to you Bamboo :bigsmile:

We are going to Flagstaff again this weekend... just way to hot to ride here in the valley
  • shorerider
    Options
    Weather here is still sucking--storms, hot, humidity, just gross. Went to the gym again and got in 10 miles on the virtual bike on a mountain routine. I'm really hoping to get out on the road tomorrow morning!
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    This week

Monday Morning - 13.5
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    This week

Monday Morning - 13.5
    Monday Evening - 4.8 (I rode to my boot camp class)
  • skittles20
    skittles20 Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm not "officially" a part of this challenge but today I went for a 4 hour bike ride!!:happy:
    I don't know how many miles that is but regardless I'm pretty happy about it!
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    I'm not "officially" a part of this challenge but today I went for a 4 hour bike ride!!:happy:

My hubby and I rode for two hours Sat and it was 23 miles. So you probably rode far! Congrats!
  • shorerider
    Options
    FINALLY--weather broke and got back on the bike today. I got in 40 miles this morning. Felt great!
  • shorerider
    Options

If you go to mapmyride.com, you can plot the route that you rode and find out how many miles it was you rode. It's free to sign up, too.
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    This week

Monday Morning - 13.5
    Tuesday Morning - 8
  • familybugs
    familybugs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    This week

Monday - off
    Tuesday- 25 miles
    riding tomorrow too... :bigsmile:

Can I just say my "Who Ha" HURTS!!! :blushing:
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Just finished 23.5 miles; which brings me to 39.85 miles this week. I plan to do a 2 hour ride on Saturday.
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    Had planned to take our bikes with us today for our long weekend but it does not look like there will be much time to ride. We are doing some canoeing and other fun outdoor stuff so I will have to really kick it up a notch next week since I have not gotten much in this week.

Have a great 4th!!

Monday Morning - 13.5
    Tuesday Morning - 8
    Thursday - 13.6
  • shorerider
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a good 4th of July (us in the States anyway)!

I got in another 40 miler this morning--that gives me 80 for the week so far.

How are the rest of y'all coming along with your rides?
  • shorerider
    Options
    Is everyone taking the holiday off??

I got in 11.5 miles this morning for a recovery ride from yesterday--that gives me 91.5 for the week.