It's now or never.....!

Options
Hello from Baghdad, Iraq! I just found this site and am loving everything about it. I'm currently deployed until the fall of 2011, so i decided to make the best of it by "getting my army back".........long story short, joined the military, was in great shape. in the past 4 years i've gotten married, had 2 beautiful babies (15-mo apart via c-section both times), knee surgery, sinus surgery and physical therapy for a slipped disc in my back. needless to say the weight from my first pregnancy remained throughout my second pregnancy and both surgeries.
Since i'm in Iraq for the next 7 months, i'm using that time to shed 60 pounds and return home as fit as i was when i first went to boot camp. i have no fast food to be tempted by, no way of storing much food, if any, in my little home and office space, and free time every night to hit the gym. It's literally now or never for me!
Can't wait to meet you all and hear your stories!

Replies

• coxy1968
    Options
    Hello and welcome, this site is perfect as there is so much support and motivation, no other diet has worked for me but calorie counting is the one for me.
  • bahrainbel
    Options
    hello and welcome,

you're in iraq? how very brave!

good luck!
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Awesome and thank you for your service!!! Yes this works!!
  • elizwelshman
    Options
    Thank you for serving our country!! MFP is a great site, welcome and good luck with your goals :smile: