Greetings from Melbourne =)

Options
Found out about this site from a friend. I'm desperate to lose about 10kg, been carrying the extra weight with me for nearly 16 years now, done the whole yo-yo diet thing and always end up regaining the extra kgs. This looks promising... best of luck to all of you with your goals!!

xo Kim.

Replies

• MissWait
    MissWait Posts: 160
    Options
    Hi

I'm in Adelaide, I'm needing to shed 26kg :ohwell: This site seems really supportive so far! Good Luck :)
  • Aylilth
    Aylilth Posts: 125
    Options
    *waves*

Hello new here too and in Syd. Feel free to add me if ya want:flowerforyou:
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Don't make this a diet. They never work as you know. You need to change your lifestyle. what I mean is you need to read the labels when you shop and make healthier food chooses. It's not that hard to do and it will make a big difference. And everyone in the house can eat the same foods. lead by example. there are tons of recipes out there for excellent meals that taste great and are healthy. everyone that eats at my house eats what I eat from the 2 yr old to the 81 year old.

Glad you're here and best of luck to you with your journey.
  • autiemommy
    Options
    Welcome!! I am in the US in South Carolina. I agree with Vicky. Dont make this a diet. It is a change in lifestyle and a great change.
    I too tried those diets and most had little or no sucess and when i stopped them i gained double back that i lost.

This website is amazing and the people on here are as well. I was absolutley amazed how quick calories added up. And found myself really changing what i eat and counting those calories.

Good luck on your journey to a healthier happier you!!!
  • BeckyRayJohnson
    Options
    Hello. Welcome to the most useful tool for healthier life I have ever seen. I too am new by a week nearly. I gained originally from a medication I had to take and for years ..16 yrs I steadily gained til I had a lot to lose. Luckily a medical treatment for a disease has helped me lose a large portion of that. Only to go off the treatment and gain back 8lbs in just three weeks! So I found this site to get to ideal weight if possible for me and if not to at least learn to maintain where I am. Welcome! :happy: