What does your stomach look like??

Options
I wasn't sure where to put this. I know I'm only down 18 lbs and I have a long way to go, but I feel discouraged about my stomach. I feel like it's never going to look normal or go away for that matter. To describe what my stomach looks like....it's like I have an upper stomach (the fat above my belly button), then there's a indent or crease at my belly button, then I have the lower stomach pooch. Kinda like I have 2 small tubes around myself.

Maybe I'm looking for success stories, I'm not really sure. Or if anyone wants to share pics of their shrinking stomach, I would love that! But is it even possible for my stomach to look normal and somewhat flat? Am I always going to have that crease? I hate it!!!

Thanks for letting me whine. :grumble:

Replies

• sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Try scrolling thru the pics on the success section of this forum.. I have seen many people looking fab in there!! Good luck I have the same problem.. just keeping the faith that the hard work will some day pay off!!
  • sezp
    sezp Posts: 69
    Options
    I still have a long way to go yet, but my stomach sounds the same as yours. I watch things like the Biggest Loser and see people who are maybe heavier than me but they don't have that 'crease' that you describe and I sometimes think it would be preferable to be heavier than to have that, if you know what I mean?!? I think we just have to persevere - the place you most want to lose weight from is usually the last place you will actually lose it from! Good luck - hang in there, I'm sure the hard work will pay off eventually!!
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Now what helps with this, in a motivating way, is to find 1 or even 3 strategic points on your belly and measure them steadily, lets say every week or two.
    I used to measure only my waist at its most thin point - it was shrinking steadily but then it stopped - but my thighs shrank then!
    So, I think maybe you can find two points and really determine where they are - because you want to measure the same spot - and then slowly see how the numbers get smaller. Its really motivating. When I relax my belly, it looks horrible. I feel like Im pregnant. Its really bad. But... when I stand straight and measure myself, I can see progress!
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi, my stomach is no oil painting either... lol! I have three children (a set of twins thrown in the mix) and have had 2 c-sections ... I'm down 22 lbs and it doesn't look any better but I've heard that it can take up to a year after losing all the weight to see the full effects, so I'm keeping hopeful! Good luck with it all :)
  • skinnyb450
    Options
    Ugghhhh!!!!! yes I know what your saying - We call it a stomach apron - Disgusting - I have the same problem and really worry that it will never disappear - Would be lovely to hear from people that have had this kind of stomach and their success (if any) of it disappearing :):ohwell:
  • jmncolts
    Options
    I hear you girl!! I am thrilled with my weight loss..but it seems the more I lose, the worse my stretched out skin (from my past 3 pregnancies) looks! I am keeping with it, but really worried about it!! Hang in there!! :flowerforyou:
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Yea, mines the same way, only I lost 75lbs. I have a pic under my pics if you wanna check it out. That's a pic after keepin it off for over 2.5 years. I doubt it'll ever tighten up without surgery however, it has lifted and it's not as "frowny" lookin around the belly button anymore. LOL.
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I still have a long way to go yet, but my stomach sounds the same as yours. I watch things like the Biggest Loser and see people who are maybe heavier than me but they don't have that 'crease' that you describe and I sometimes think it would be preferable to be heavier than to have that, if you know what I mean?!? I think we just have to persevere - the place you most want to lose weight from is usually the last place you will actually lose it from! Good luck - hang in there, I'm sure the hard work will pay off eventually!!

Yes, I have noticed that too and I think to myself that I'd rather have my stomach look like that instead of with the crease! It's just gross looking to me.

Well, let me know if any of you find something that really works for you. Until then, keep on keepin' on!!! :smile:
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    Options
    Yea, mines the same way, only I lost 75lbs. I have a pic under my pics if you wanna check it out. That's a pic after keepin it off for over 2.5 years. I doubt it'll ever tighten up without surgery however, it has lifted and it's not as "frowny" lookin around the belly button anymore. LOL.

Congrats on your weight loss and keeping it off! You look so great!
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    If you look on good you can find pictures in success stories, I have lost 70 lbs and with a shirt on and off I can see I have lost a lot of weight , but to me I look in the mirror and still wonder when will my stomach look like a normal persons stomach, I guess I still have a lot more fat to lose. Keep up the good work!!!:smile:
  • princesschikee
    Options
    Just curious.....where the crease is on stomach, is that where the waist line sits, you know where your pants are buttoned?

Also, skin only has so much elasticity. If it's stretched too much it is just going to hang.

Quick tip, check your body fat %. The scales shouldn't be your only tool. You can get a caliper to check your percentage. In order to lose the belly you are going to have to lift weights in order to lose body fat. Cardio alone won't do it. It takes muscle to lose body fat.
  • mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Increasing your core workouts with help to tighten and reduce this area but just remember these things take time! I have lost alot of weight and now I've slowed my weightloss and am focusing on toning and Cardio and this is when I have seen the largest difference in stomach flatness. Also, a good body shaper is a great thing to invest in it helps keep things tight down there and boost the confidenece! I really like the ones that maurices carry because they go high up on the waist and it feels like regular underwear. Keep your head up :)
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    the stomach is always the last to go! boo :( Keep your head up and continue doing what you do and eventually you will lose it!
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    Options
    Just curious.....where the crease is on stomach, is that where the waist line sits, you know where your pants are buttoned?

Also, skin only has so much elasticity. If it's stretched too much it is just going to hang.

Quick tip, check your body fat %. The scales shouldn't be your only tool. You can get a caliper to check your percentage. In order to lose the belly you are going to have to lift weights in order to lose body fat. Cardio alone won't do it. It takes muscle to lose body fat.

Yes, it's where my pants would button. I know that some of it is skin and I can't do anything about that. I do lift weights. I do strength training and cardio 5 times a week.
  • princesschikee
    Options
    I would wager the crease is there due to your pants, but that will go away when your body fat percentage drops.
  • MelanieP_TX
    MelanieP_TX Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My stomach looks the kind of the same but just a smaller version of it. I still have the crease in the middle and my belly button is a sad face, but when I hold up the upper area it does look normal (until I let it go) My C-section pouch area is still hanging but not nearly as low as it used to. I am hopeful that within this year I can get rid of that creasy look!!. I am also very worried about my tricep area (I call them bingo arms) and my butt omg, I feel like it is going to take forevverrr for the area just under my butt to firm up.. SIGGHHHHH>> :sad: I feel like I am carrying around an extra 10 pounds of skin. I hope with continued cardio and major strength training it will eventually go away.. (lets hope) So sick of hearing my thighs smack together when I do jumping jacks, uggh!