breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• francis904
    francis904 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I typically eat half of a low cal english muffin, spread with low fat peanut butter and either a cup of light yogurt or fresh fruit. The protein helps me get through the morning without needing to snack. and the fruit or yogurt gives me the sweetness I crave in the morning.
  • WaSammie
    WaSammie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't normally have breakfast, but I find I can eat yogurt in morning. I buy Weight Watchers FF Yogurt and especially love the Ameretto Cheesecake, its 100 cals and for a change I add 2 tbsps of Post Trail Mix Crunch Cereal which adds an additional 48 cals. :flowerforyou:
  • mecm16
    mecm16 Posts: 13
    Options
    I know you said that you're not much of an oatmeal person, but if you try making pancakes out of it you might change your mind! Lately I've been making something I call protein pancakes and they're delicious and very filling! Just make 1/2 cup of oatmeal, and once that's made add about 1/2 cup of egg whites (and banana or another type of fruit if you like), and cook them in a pan like a pancake. I dip mine in a little bit of no-sugar-added maple syrup. This breakfast is really low in fat and sugar, but is full of protein and healthy carbs to start your day!
  • lyfiz2shrt
    Options
    I used to make these "Mock McMuffins" like you described. You can also make them ahead of time & freeze them. Wrap them in a paper towel and they will reheat in the microwave nicely. They aren't hard to make in just a few minutes, though. My only problem is trying to make them with a 30 pound toddler hanging off my leg. :flowerforyou:
  • Doozie
    Doozie Posts: 53
    Options
    I know you said that you're not much of an oatmeal person, but if you try making pancakes out of it you might change your mind! Lately I've been making something I call protein pancakes and they're delicious and very filling! Just make 1/2 cup of oatmeal, and once that's made add about 1/2 cup of egg whites (and banana or another type of fruit if you like), and cook them in a pan like a pancake. I dip mine in a little bit of no-sugar-added maple syrup. This breakfast is really low in fat and sugar, but is full of protein and healthy carbs to start your day!

Oh my! This is what I am having for breakfast tomorrow. Thank you for the ideas!