Plateau..moving beyond, need advice!

Options
I would love some suggestions on how you have successfully moved beyond a plateau. I lost 18 lbs. through changing my eating habits, and starting working out almost 2 weeks ago, and now seems like I cannot move beyond the 18 - 20 ( I keep fluctuating) mark. Any suggestions/motivation?

Replies

• johanneleger
    johanneleger Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congrats on you success so far ! I never tried it but you should read on CALORIE CYCLING. It's supposed to work wonders when you hit a plateau. Keep up with your commitment, you are doing great !
  • seveniron
    seveniron Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in the same situation. Lost 13 pounds in 6 weeks. Eating habits are changed, and I have been exercising for about 10 days. I fluctuate between 13 and 16 pounds lost.
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I would love some suggestions on how you have successfully moved beyond a plateau. I lost 18 lbs. through changing my eating habits, and starting working out almost 2 weeks ago, and now seems like I cannot move beyond the 18 - 20 ( I keep fluctuating) mark. Any suggestions/motivation?

I struggle with this too. I'll be interested to see the responses.
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    what I've been told (and should probably listen to) is to stay consistent, really pay attention to what you are eating and kick up the workouts in intensity. It might take a week or so but you should see results.
  • kzo88
    kzo88 Posts: 1
    Options
    I hear you! I have been at the plateau point for almost a year. Just stick with it you are probably gaining muscle weight and toning due to working out. (or at least thats what my trainer tells me!) Best of Luck to you!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I used calorie cycling and lost 90 lbs. I never hit a plateau and lost a steady 2-3 lbs a week. It took me about 1 year to lose the weight.
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    I used calorie cycling and lost 90 lbs. I never hit a plateau and lost a steady 2-3 lbs a week. It took me about 1 year to lose the weight.
    What is "calorie cycling" ? Would you please explain?
  • sturgill
    sturgill Posts: 118
    Options
    yes share what calorie cycle is -
  • HEBURTON
    HEBURTON Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have never tried this, but when I googled "calorie cycling" this came up and seems to be all one needs to know about it:

http://www.answerfitness.com/316/zig-zag-dieting-fitness-nerd/
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    In addition to weighing yourself, be sure to take measurements-- sometimes the inches will change when the lbs do not.

And if you've been stuck or stabilized at the same weight for a particularly long time, well, either you need to increase your calories our (e.g., work out more. . . ) or decrease your calories in (e.g., eat less!)
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    I have never tried this, but when I googled "calorie cycling" this came up and seems to be all one needs to know about it:

http://www.answerfitness.com/316/zig-zag-dieting-fitness-nerd/

Great explanation of calorie cycling!!