A little goof-up fuels the fire!

Options
OK, I am obsessed with tracking foods properly. I have found that wen I go over a bit in cals for the day, it actually helps the weight loss. I really like this. It happened the other day and then I went right back to clean eating and it actually made me lose! I am liking this. I also think it's cool that I feel terrible guilt if I mess up!! This is a good thing and it's all about accountability. Just wanted to share that this morning. It also makes me want to keep going! Blessings to all!!!:glasses:

Replies

• Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    I have to say you and I are a lot alike when it comes to this except I can't say I am a "clean eater". Congrats on your 15 lb. weight loss that truly is something to be proud of!!
  • shunke
    shunke Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like your thinking. I goofed up last night by eating some of my mother in laws sweet and sour chicken (breaded) even though I had my healthier choices. Today I feel some guilt and resolve to make today a clean day of eating. Sweets are truely my weakness, so I promise not to eat any this weekend and get back on track. Good luck to you!! Friend me if you like:)
  • mytime60
    mytime60 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping I find that to be true. I have a weigh in at work on Fridays, and found I lost 2 lbs; but went on to make some bad choices the rest of the day. My weigh in for MFP is on Monday, so today it's back on track and hit the treadmill. Hoping to hold the 2 lb loss for Monday or maybe a little more.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I don't call them goof ups...I call it real life eating. I can't expect to eat nothing but health food to lose the weight and then be able to go right back to "normal" life and maintain. No way am I going to eat healthy food only for the rest of my life. :bigsmile:

If we completely cut out every food that we like it will only make us crave it more. Eat what you want, just moderate your portions. It will keep you from craving it for days and then going on a binge!

Plus, I agree that a change in your calorie intake is like another jump start for the body! Great Job so far!
  • ildi59
    ildi59 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You have to goof up sometimes to be able to stay on track the rest, Nobody is going to be perferc 100%.