Almond Milk

Options
2»

Replies

• dkiles
    dkiles Posts: 45
    Options
    I love it. I get the unsweetened and use that in my low sugar protein shake. It's lower calories and sugar than milk and it still gives it something more than plain water.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I like the SO Coconut Milk. The unsweetened doesn't taste like coconut and I really never drink a glass just plain but it works great in whatever i need (baking, glass w/protein powder, etc). It is a little thick but you can thin it down with a bit of water without any issues.

If you find any of the alternate milks too sweet but don't like the unsweetened you can do half and half. Doing have vanilla flavored mixed with half unsweetened will cut down the sweetness without taking it away completely.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I use Silk plain almond milk on cereals and I drink a cup every now and then. I was pleasantly surprised by the dark chocolate almond by Silk. YUMMY! I did like plain soy milk I had to get use to it but found I liked the plain but not the vanilla, very vanilla or chocolate. That is why I was surprised by the dark chocolate almond tasting so great. The soy chocolate tasted chalky no matter how much I shook them.

Those that have had problems did you shake it very well each time before use? It can be thicker. Also I found the other brands to be grainy which is why I didn't like almond milk at first(I had tired the Almond Breeze brand first).

Next week I plan to get coconut milk to try and maybe a small pack of hemp to try out.
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk. So much in fact I make it myself. It's not hard and I know whats in it.