been 26 days, no loss :(

Options
I just weighed myself and I am the same weight I was 26 days ago. I have no idea what else I can do, seriously. I feel so stuck. I've been totally diligent, drank the water, watched my sodium levels, not under-ate, exercised. THis has been going on for years and I feel like my goal is behind a pane of glass I keep benging against and will never get to. :(

Replies

• Bickley
    Options
    Keep excercising, watch out for "empty calories" in junk food, and stay positive. If it was easy, everybody would be doing it!!!
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you eat before you count in any exercise?
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Have you had your thyroid checked?
  • rherrin5
    rherrin5 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Dont worry sweetie. Im in the same spot as you. The last 10 are hard to lose! Im sure if your excercising you are losing inches. I bet that fat is turning to muscle and your toning up. Dont give up. Give it another couple weeks. Maybe you should just splurge onen weekend and "shock your body" That has helped a few people I know. You can do it girl! Keep up the hard work. :) have a great weekend!
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    It can be incredibly frustrating especially if you are close to your ideal weight. I see you are only 20..and its usually easy to lose weight at your age so there has to be a reason why you are not, however without further facts such as your present weight, height, build type, day to day lifestyle & of course what type of foods you eat..all of which bear a great deal on your success or lack of it...its hard really to help you.
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Every time I have those moments, a few days later I lose 3 lbs, so stick with it and focus on mini goals and not the weight. Its tough, I know, but you can do it!
  • JillyCornwall
    Options
    Sorry my dear i have just read your profile & see that you were anorexic when you were younger, I'm really sorry to tell you that your body will treat your attempts to become a lower weight which is verging on 'underweight' very differently as it is trying to protect you from becoming too thin. I really really would like to encourage you NOT to attempt to lose those 10lbs but concentrate on maintaing your current weight & becoming more toned & fit..if you do this it will have the same end result of the weight you desire to lose..because you will look better and be healthier.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Measure! I'm heavier than when I joined, but I've lost inches :)
  • Serafimangel
    Serafimangel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, you've made me feel a bit better :). I'm not planning on going underweight or anything, losing the 10lbs will get me to a BMI of 22.1, at the moment I have a pretty big *kitten* (I could see no other way to put it). I am avoiding junk food (I cook for myself anyway) and walk the 5km to uni and back every day, as well as doing the shred and jogging. Could there be anything that i'm missing/not doing?
  • JillyCornwall
    Options
    thanks guys, you've made me feel a bit better :). I'm not planning on going underweight or anything, losing the 10lbs will get me to a BMI of 22.1, at the moment I have a pretty big *kitten* (I could see no other way to put it). I am avoiding junk food (I cook for myself anyway) and walk the 5km to uni and back every day, as well as doing the shred and jogging. Could there be anything that i'm missing/not doing?

I doubt you are doing anything wrong i just think you have to keep on eating healthy & not eating under your cals, exercise daily & eventually your body will 'trust' you and let you lose a little. Be patient though.
  • glasielady
    glasielady Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing, the weight will come off. Have you lost any inches? Sometimes inches will come off before you see the wight come off, also you could be building muscle and muscle weighs more.

I am in a fitness challenge and this is the 8th week and I've only lost 5.5 pounds in 8 weeks; however, I have lost inches in my waist and have gone down a pant size. Don't get discourage, keep on keeping on one day at a time.