Could I do the shred?!

Options
I'm seriously considering Jillian Michaels 30 day shred... I'm not the fittest of ladies by a long shot so I'm worried it may be a bit much? Am I trying to run before I can walk or should I just got for it?! It's on sale at amazon for £4.99 so it wouldn't break the bank!

Replies

• sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    It's definitely challenging but you improve your strength and endurance the more you do it.

There are beginner moves and advanced moves, so you would follow the ones that are easier at first and then work your way up. The point is to continue to move for 20 minutes straight, no rest! So as long as you keep moving and are diligent with it, then you could do it for sure.

It will be challenging, it's not an easy workout but have faith. It's really more of a mental thing than physical. You'll feel great after finishing it.
  • princess_f
    Options
    Hey im far from fit and i started it this week. Not gonna lie, it kills and im yet to see it getting easier but it really is a good work out and ive already lost an inch on my hips!
  • binabodu
    binabodu Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Just go for it! I was 245lb and never working out when I started. Just don't quit, work through the sore days and in a week you will feel so much stronger and have so much more endurance. There are modified moves on the DVD and I even had to modify the modified moves sometimes. I just kept moving. I had great results and am really looking forward to her new workout that comes out next week!
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Hey im far from fit and i started it this week. Not gonna lie, it kills and im yet to see it getting easier but it really is a good work out and ive already lost an inch on my hips!

wow - if that's not reason to get it I don't know what is! Thanks!
  • princess_f
    Options
    no bother, its the same price on play.com if amazon doesnt have it in x
  • paulettac
    Options
    I just started it and I love it. Great workout.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    It's challenging, but I think it's the perfect workout DVD to start with. It's 20 minutes, so if you a starting from zero, (I did) it at least seems manageable. There are modified moves in each level so you can decide which is right for you. The first time I did it I thought I was going to DIE, then I quit. It took me 4 more starts to get through the 30 days, I wasted a lot of time thinking I couldn't do it. It was just as hard each time I started it. I should have just stuck it out the first time. I would have saved myself a year at least! DO IT! You are going to be really sore, and you are going to hate Jillian. However, when you are done you are going to be proud and you are going to love yourself more than when you started and for some of us that's a really big deal.
  • junewonder
    Options
    Just go for it! I was 245lb and never working out when I started. Just don't quit, work through the sore days and in a week you will feel so much stronger and have so much more endurance. There are modified moves on the DVD and I even had to modify the modified moves sometimes. I just kept moving. I had great results and am really looking forward to her new workout that comes out next week!

What's her new one?

I've had to do a bit of extra modifying, too...I go between actually hopping & just bouncing when doing the jump-ropes. Man, does that move bring out the burn!
  • chiliflea
    Options
    Well I've ordered it.... Hopefully it won't kill me!

Needed a good dvd that will give results - have only been at this weight loss thing for 40 days (thank you mfp for keeping track) and I get bored of things easily so have to keep chopping and changing my exercise routines! The only thing I keep a constant is my gym time 3 times a week...

Everyone who's used this 30 day shred seem to say it works so I'm jumping on that bandwagon! I want this fat gone!!!

Thanks for all your advice - and the kick up the (large) *kitten* to actually buy it!
  • kimberlyanneturner
    Options
    I just got it a little over two weeks ago I'm not the best in shape either . It is awesome, Just do what you can you will work up to it. I bought her 3 dvd set I love love love it!!! Tried them all and use them all. They are all hard and I can't do them all YET!! but Its my goal

Lets do it together what do you say!!!
  • chiliflea
    Options
    I just got it a little over two weeks ago I'm not the best in shape either . It is awesome, Just do what you can you will work up to it. I bought her 3 dvd set I love love love it!!! Tried them all and use them all. They are all hard and I can't do them all YET!! but Its my goal

Lets do it together what do you say!!!

I'll let you know when mine arrives then!! Thanks for the encouragement! xx