Not sure what I am looking for.

Options
Hi,

I'm on day11 level2 of 30 day shred. ( dislike level 2 alot). Anywho, I woke up with a head cold that is is giving me a plugged head and I am zapped of energy. The thing is this I don't want to miss a day of the shred but I am tired and my head hurts a bit. This isn't the worst I have ever felt but I don't feel good. What do I do? Suck it up? Took a Claritin d about 20 minutes ago and if it kicks in I will workout but what if I don't. I want to lay and nap. Wow I am a wuss and I have two kids. Ha

Replies

• gemlynch
    gemlynch Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm sick too, been sick for like 4 days now. When I first didn't feel good I looked around MFP and what I found was that if your illness is above the neck it's okay to workout. This is mostly what I found, others felt differently but...... anyway, I worked out and it made me feel sooooooo much better. It was easier to take care of my daughter cause it seriously gave me energy and cleared all the blockage in my head. I mean, it didn't make me better but it helped. But also, I really wanted to work out for some reason. If I had felt like laying around I would have. and I think you should listen to your body if that is the way you feel. btw, my sickness was jsut a cold, stuffy nose, kinda a sore throat, nothing major
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I dont get sick very often,but ive noticed when I have once I got exercising I felt better.
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I have been sick for the past few days and its really kept me off my feet. I went for a walk / jog today and only did 20 minutes, when I know I can go for 40. Do your best if you think you can work out, but don't force yourself or over do it. Also have lots of water on hand.
  • carrie_lebel
    Options
    Ok that is what I needed a kick in the pants. It might not be 100% but At least it is nothing. Thanks all
  • carrie_lebel
    Options
    I did it I did my level 2 shred and survived all that complaining for nothing. And I did pretty well and I don't feel that bad. Thanks for the motivation.