shed a tear in spin class today.....for good reasons

michlingle
michlingle Posts: 797 Member
Never in my life have I ever felt so powerful. I have put in 6 very strenuous workouts this week, eaten my calories (except for spluring last night by about 500), and done this thing to a tee. During spin class today (75 mins) I realized that never in my life have I ever felt a greater sense of accomplishment with something I have really put my mind to, that so many people struggle with, and that I've always struggled with. I haven't weighed myself but I feel sooo good, so strong. I'm so happy I found MFP but even happier that I'm motivated to do it. :happy: I guess there is truth that exersize makes you feel high! Ha! It's better than any drug or drink or anything!

Replies

• michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Never in my life have I ever felt so powerful. I have put in 6 very strenuous workouts this week, eaten my calories (except for spluring last night by about 500), and done this thing to a tee. During spin class today (75 mins) I realized that never in my life have I ever felt a greater sense of accomplishment with something I have really put my mind to, that so many people struggle with, and that I've always struggled with. I haven't weighed myself but I feel sooo good, so strong. I'm so happy I found MFP but even happier that I'm motivated to do it. :happy: I guess there is truth that exersize makes you feel high! Ha! It's better than any drug or drink or anything!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Isn't it a great feeling? You should be proud of yourself-sounds like you have been busting your butt!

I remember having a "strong" moment once after a very strenuous workout. I was at the very end and the instructor was having you do a quick burst of exercise at top speed--when all of a sudden I burst into tears. Talk about weird!! I don't know if it was a psychological or physical reaction but I remember feeling soooo proud of myself for pushing so hard. Who the heck knows...hasn't happened since but what a feeling!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    WEEeeeeeEEE!!

this very thing is the reason i think MFP is so successful, we can share these things, and find other people who feel the same way and THATS what keeps us motivated and going!

i agree with you totally! it took me so long to finally get off of my lazy butt, and get a gym routine going (thanks to my hubby who is a religious gym goer but not pushy, just encouraged me to go)
    and now that i am into the routine, i feel so much stronger all over, but most important, i feel mentally better! my self esteem has improved, i have met some awesome new friends at the gym, and i actually feel honestly guilty when i cant make it to the gym!

i am right there with ya girl, it is a natural high for sure, and i am so excited that this is something that will result in me loving me more!
  • vegasmellie
    vegasmellie Posts: 118 Member
    That is AWESOME! and a 75min spin class is no easy feat!
  • spinning.. wow... I couldn't imagine doing that. I reciently bought an exercise bike and even though I'm on if for half and hour - 5 days a week.. the tops of my thighs burn so badly. When will that let up... do you know? ..and how long would it take before I could actually be spinning?

Great work! You've encouraged me.

:heart:
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    That is awesome! I know what you mean! Keep up the good work! :happy:
    Kelly :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    spinning.. wow... I couldn't imagine doing that. I reciently bought an exercise bike and even though I'm on if for half and hour - 5 days a week.. the tops of my thighs burn so badly. When will that let up... do you know? ..and how long would it take before I could actually be spinning?

Great work! You've encouraged me.

:heart:

Truthfully, if you would believe it, you could try spinning right now. The resistance on a spin bike is highly adjustable, and they can actually be much easier to pedal than a regular stationary bike. . .maybe your gym offers an intro or beginning class . . .some do. Otherwise, it's a highly customizable workout.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!