**New to MFP - In need of friends :)**

Options
Good Evening!

I just joined 5 days ago with my mum and my sister and am looking for like minded people to add to keep each other motivated and give encouragement when needed.......
I have lost 7lb - Although I was ill one day, maybe that helped! We shall see on my next weigh day.

Crisps are 100% my downfall and I want to be able to still eat them on the odd occasion but not let it affect my weight loss....... Any tips on dealing with this would help greatly.

I have previously lost 28lbs last summer but hey presto xmas came back around and I piled it back on.

Any arm toning tips would be great, also ways to lose weight off of my hips!

Feel free to add me as a friend - the more the merrier :)

Replies

• MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    reguest sent.. friends here are so supportive... anyone feel free to add me ;)
  • VenusEnvy
    VenusEnvy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Very cool that your mom and sister are also on board. Welcome. :)
  • mamacath
    Options
    hello & welcome sending request .... the support on this site is amazing !! happy to help any way I can :flowerforyou:
  • tarbinator
    Options
    Welcome! You'll find lots of support here, and we're all in this together. :)

As for exercises for hips and thighs, I find that doing lots of squats and lunges help me with glutes and quads and in turn, the thighs gets a nice workout, too!

Lisa :)
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I eat "veggie straws" instead of chips (crisps). 38 straws = 130 calories and 15 carbs. They are shaped like sticks but crunch and taste like chips. I hope you can find them where you live.
  • missduffbug
    Options
    What is a veggie straw? Like parsnip crisps or something??
  • yenohamk
    yenohamk Posts: 117
    Options

I agree. I've been bugging my mom (she even has a great phone to do this from anywhere) and I still can't get her on board. :grumble:

Anyway, one thing you may need to do with the crisps is just give them up completely for awhile. Chocolate in any shape or form has always been my downfall, but I knew I had to give it up in the first month and get my eating issues under control. I'm back to eating Oreos, and I can actually eat ONE serving instead of the 5 or 6 I could knock down in a sitting. I don't miss them, they just become something quick to eat to get up to my calorie goal.

As for the arm exercises, crab walking and chair dips are GREAT for your triceps when you don't have weights. Bicep curls or arm raises using a purse filled with filled water bottles or books, pushups...

HTH!!!
  • Katrina326
    Katrina326 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am new too. I have a goal of 17 lbs to lose. I managed to lose 1 stone before I found this site which I am sure will be a huge help :happy:
  • eme31386
    eme31386 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

I agree. I've been bugging my mom (she even has a great phone to do this from anywhere) and I still can't get her on board. :grumble:

Anyway, one thing you may need to do with the crisps is just give them up completely for awhile. Chocolate in any shape or form has always been my downfall, but I knew I had to give it up in the first month and get my eating issues under control. I'm back to eating Oreos, and I can actually eat ONE serving instead of the 5 or 6 I could knock down in a sitting. I don't miss them, they just become something quick to eat to get up to my calorie goal.

As for the arm exercises, crab walking and chair dips are GREAT for your triceps when you don't have weights. Bicep curls or arm raises using a purse filled with filled water bottles or books, pushups...

It's great that you gave up the oreos for the first month and now you are allowing yourself to have them. Temptations only have power when you forbid them.
    HTH!!!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! :flowerforyou: