0 cal/ 0 sugar drinks??

Options
This might sound like a dumb question but i was wondering...for 0 calorie/ 0 sugar drinks (for example: crystal light packets added to water) would that count as part of the 8 cups of water needed?

Replies

• PrincessLacey
    Options
    i think so i drink one of those and life water a day and like 4-6 more bottles
  • andrewferk
    Options
    At this time, I would say it's OK to count those as source of water. I wouldn't count coffee or tea (or any drink with caffeine) as a source of water.
  • chefchazz
    Options
    i think plain water should counted as water. anything else added, isnt. theres tons of zero calories beverages, but they are not water.
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thank u all for the replies
  • katieseitz
    Options
    All drinks count as water, regardless of what is in them, because all drinks are water-based. For comparison, just because you put dressing on your salad doesn't mean you didn't get the iron from the spinach. It's not like the additives negated the good stuff that was already there. Obviously you have to watch what all is going into you in the form of beverages, and plain water or water with lemon is always your best bet when dieting because of the lack of additives and because it fills you up before meals.

Fun fact: You can live off the water in your food alone!