Butter or marg??

Options
2»

Replies

• NYGoddess77
    NYGoddess77 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Margerine is not good for u at all...100% real butter is best. Margerine is a manmade product full of bad trans fats no matter how much it says otherwise...

http://www.usefultipsforlife.com/difference-butter-margarine

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080518201019AAC7GC9
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    If I must use one it'll be butter.
    My oils for cooking are olive, coconut or hemp (for my raw stuff)
    I'm still looking for a mister for my oil, the cooking sprays disturbed me with the butane, propane etc for propellants, i'll stick to a dash of oil as opposed to any length of spritz

I recently got one of those misto pump-up spray bottles and its working well so far. I use it with EVOO.
  • NimotheFrog
    Options
    I use butter. No margarine anymore. What's in that stuff anyways!?

I don't overdo it, so I don't worry about calories and fat content...
  • Aylilth
    Aylilth Posts: 125
    Options
    Butter all the way...

Since this is a life long change for me I decided to eat a good variety off foods, including foods i like, and nothing that says low or non fat.

M thoughts exactly on weight loss
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    If I must use one it'll be butter.
    My oils for cooking are olive, coconut or hemp (for my raw stuff)
    I'm still looking for a mister for my oil, the cooking sprays disturbed me with the butane, propane etc for propellants, i'll stick to a dash of oil as opposed to any length of spritz

I recently got one of those misto pump-up spray bottles and its working well so far. I use it with EVOO.

I use this too. I got mine at Sur la Table, I'm sure they have them on the website. It can be moody, but I don't care. It's healthier and I'm saving money.

www.surlatable.com
  • christenmc
    Options
    I use unsalted butter. Just less of it and it tends to be more flavorful.
    In most cases thought I use coconut butter or olive oil
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Real food in moderation is always better, IMO.

I agree. I don't use it much, but when I do, I use unsalted butter.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    I like the taste of spread better for some things but in the end real butter is better for you.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    olive oil! I personally believe in natural being better. If I had to pick butter or margerine, I'd pick butter hands down. I rarely use it and use olive oil for everything. Bread and butter are just fond memories now.........
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    I don't use much of either these days, although I use quite a bit of olive oil. I still have 85% of the pound of butter I bought on December 20th, the day before starting here.

Back before that, though, I liked to make my own butter. Just pour whipping cream into your blender and blend away until it separates into butter and buttermilk. Then you mix in ice water and press it out several times. Makes really good butter.