Call me crazy

Options
2»

Replies

• kathrynarnold
    Options
    Its called High Fructose Corn Syrup.

lol don't you love the new high fructose corn syrup commercials? That it's "nutritionally the same as sugar, and is fine in moderation". Has conspiracy written all over it to me. :ohwell:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

lol don't you love the new high fructose corn syrup commercials? That it's "nutritionally the same as sugar, and is fine in moderation". Has conspiracy written all over it to me. :ohwell:

Ok, but what's it doing in my bread? My cereal? My every darn thing? That is what cracks me up ;0)
  • kathrynarnold
    Options

Ok, but what's it doing in my bread? My cereal? My every darn thing? That is what cracks me up ;0)

lmao! I'm putting the high fructose corn syrup up there with the flu shot in the list of government run conspiracies.
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Let's think about it from another direction for a minute. Being a business major it is easy for me to look at it from the other side. :laugh: All companies are out to make money, to make money they sell products (junk food or otherwise). To make more money they need to sell more products. So making us crave more and buy more products make them more profit. Do they care about us and our health, absolutely not. Any company that says anything different is most likely marketing their product in a competitive market. Trying to make themselves look more appealing than other products. There will not be a change in this until consumers demand healthy wholesome foods. Then companies will look to profit off selling better foods. The problem is the masses are already addicted to the easy/cheap to make garbage foods. So we are a minority trying to yell at the top of our lungs that enough is enough.

For the first time in my life I have been trying to manage my sodium intake. I found it VERY hard to do with most pre-packaged products. I was floored by how much sodium is in some products. So the salt, fat and sugars increase in packaged foods, demand keeps increasing, companies keep eyeing profits while our health care cost spiral out of control as a result of those 'profits'.
  • AdrianCountsToo
    Options
    In today's society, Americans are bombarded with advertisements of delicious snacks, such as Snow Balls, and Twix, and Funions, on a regular basis.

It's no wonder that even since we were kids, we have had these snacks in our lives. All carbs, and fat, and that doesn't make sense to shove all of that junk down your throat in an time in which people sit all day long at work.

I think, personally, that it's the duty of each and every one of us to make a choice on what is right for our bodies.

If everyone eats healthy, then all of the really unhealthy foods will slowly, one by one disapear from our grocery shelves.

Doesn't sound realistic, but hell, it could possibly be done. Not a boy cot. Just the "right thing to do."

PS. Twix are my all time favorite candy bar...but i haven't had one in over a month! :huh:
  • kathrynarnold
    Options
    In today's society, Americans are bombarded with advertisements of delicious snacks, such as Snow Balls, and Twix, and Funions, on a regular basis.

It's no wonder that even since we were kids, we have had these snacks in our lives. All carbs, and fat, and that doesn't make sense to shove all of that junk down your throat in an time in which people sit all day long at work.

I think, personally, that it's the duty of each and every one of us to make a choice on what is right for our bodies.

If everyone eats healthy, then all of the really unhealthy foods will slowly, one by one disapear from our grocery shelves.

Doesn't sound realistic, but hell, it could possibly be done. Not a boy cot. Just the "right thing to do."

PS. Twix are my all time favorite candy bar...but i haven't had one in over a month! :huh:

I love Twix as well! Hopefully more and more people will jump on our ban wagon to get this junk off the shelves.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

I love Twix as well! Hopefully more and more people will jump on our ban wagon to get this junk off the shelves.

PB Twix, FTW!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Kathryn I am having issues adding you as a friend! Sorry. I will try again tomorrow