Back from New England

cheermom11
cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I just wanted to shout out a great big Thank You to those of you who helped with traveling ideas. We had such a GREAT time!

We spent the first day in Hartford, CT; went to the Mark Twain House. It was awesome.

The next three days we were in Massachusetts (and yes Tam, you're right - the drivers were CRAZY there! I didn't know whether to be impressed at their boldness or scared to death). We visited the John Adam's home in Quincy, Plimouth Plantation and the Mayflower 2 and spent some time on Cape Cod.

Went to Newport, Rhode Island next. Did the Cliff Walk (very good exercise) and walked around downtown. The last day we went back to Mass and did the Six Flags thing.

I (only?) gained 2 lbs. Not bad considering we ate out everyday for a week. I'm hoping to drop it as quickly as I gained it :wink:

Replies

• cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    I just wanted to shout out a great big Thank You to those of you who helped with traveling ideas. We had such a GREAT time!

We spent the first day in Hartford, CT; went to the Mark Twain House. It was awesome.

The next three days we were in Massachusetts (and yes Tam, you're right - the drivers were CRAZY there! I didn't know whether to be impressed at their boldness or scared to death). We visited the John Adam's home in Quincy, Plimouth Plantation and the Mayflower 2 and spent some time on Cape Cod.

Went to Newport, Rhode Island next. Did the Cliff Walk (very good exercise) and walked around downtown. The last day we went back to Mass and did the Six Flags thing.

I (only?) gained 2 lbs. Not bad considering we ate out everyday for a week. I'm hoping to drop it as quickly as I gained it :wink:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Oh glad you had a good time! I love Newport glad you decided you go there.
    2 pounds is not bad at all. Just get right back on the horse:happy:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    LOL, gee, and here I am FROM MA and never went to ANY of the places you mentioned, other than Plymouth Plantation with my school once!
    I'm glad you had a great time, even with ALL the bad MA drivers!
    I'm off to CT tomorrow, but, to gamble at Foxwoods, lol, not sight see!
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Hey, I live in New England...you could have stopped by :wink:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    hello from Mass!!! we miss you already LOL.....and if you didn't drive in Boston...then you really missed out on the greatness of the driving LOL.....I actually am a very safe and good driver who was born and raised here....there are some of us....just good luck finding us! lol

hugs!
    Ali...glad you had a blast~ I now live a little between Quincy and Plymouth sort of....but drive into boston everyday for work...its an experience believe me :noway: LMBO
This discussion has been closed.