ello!

Options
im relatively new here and thought i'd just say hi! :)

Replies

• sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Hi back to ya!
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)
  • jessalice66
    jessalice66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    anyone got any amazing tips?x
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Howdy,

No rocket science tips from me. I follow a few simple things and I have had amazing weight loss results:

1. Trust MFP calculations implicitly using the data you provide in your profile in terms of goals, etc.
    2. Measure what you take in with a food scale and try like hell to stay at or below your daily allotment of calories.
    3. Measure your output (exercise) with a heart rate monitor. Accurate measurements tend to keep you from plateaus that discourage and derail.
    4. Be active on this site. The folks on here are amazing and I have made some good online friendships. The interactions help you to stay on the course and you get opportunities to offer your own support which is rewarding.
    5. Find a work out program that you like. I did 3 months of elliptical work and just completed my first week of P90X (LOVE P90X!). But, YOU have to like what you do or it will be harder to stick with it. The important thing is to get moving!

Feel free to friend me. You can never have enough friends on this site.
  • bahrainbel
    Options
    hey!
  • father5
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Been a member for two months. Keep your calorie count at or below the suggested amount and try to get a few hours of exercise a week (800 to 1500 calories burn from exercise). You will reach your goal. Good luck.
  • jessalice66
    jessalice66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! you're all so lovely.