Share a Favorite NEW Food you discovered since joining MFP

Options
I've only been at this a week, but I've already realized there are different ways to enjoy some of my old favorites.
Today I used Humus on celery instead of cream cheese and added a couple of chopped olives on top for a great snack.
I'd love to hear about your favorite new food!

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    alfalfa sprouts on sandwiches with avocado and veggies....this i would have NEVER even considered trying before this healthy lifestyle change when i was a swiss and turkey not-yet-vegetarian kinda gal ;-)
  • bethann1976
    Options
    I'm also new to hummus, love it! Thanks to MFP I've discovered Vitatops/Vitamuffins, the Hungry Girl web site, and (believe it or not), egg beaters. Of course, I've always known egg beaters existed, but never tried them until joining this web site. They are so convenient and packed with protein!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Spinach-I've never eaten spinach before. Now I eat a salad with 6 oz iceburg salad mix with 6 oz baby spinach leaves and sometimes ham or chicken. And I can eat 12 oz of salad with only 1 tbls dressing and it is great! I didn't think that was possible before. Turns out veggies taste good if you give them half a chance.
  • janhope
    Options
    Throw away the yolks from boiled eggs and replace with hummus! Yummy!
  • Liz75
    Liz75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% Greek yoghurt with fresh blueberries or frozen summer fruits!! Hmm! And I eat more poached eggs too!!
  • kanakike8
    kanakike8 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt. I usually buy Oikos 0% plain and I like using it in savory dishes, dressings, dips, etc. I always use it instead of sour cream and even mix it with plain pasta for a creamy option. YUMMY!
  • NimotheFrog
    Options
    I've only been at this a week, but I've already realized there are different ways to enjoy some of my old favorites.
    Today I used Humus on celery instead of cream cheese and added a couple of chopped olives on top for a great snack.
    I'd love to hear about your favorite new food!

Hummus and celery is the best! :D

I love Avocado and egg white sandwiches on whole wheat with sprouts :)
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss wedges
  • Hadenuf
    Hadenuf Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The entire President's Choice Blue Menu products. Sooooo goood, much lower calories and a HUGE selection.