Zumba Instructors..a question or two

Options
I am considering taking the Zumba teacher certification workshop in a couple of months. I have taken a few classes one with a great teacher the other two..not so great. I have the DVD's as well and can follow them pretty well although I know I don't get all the hip movements in. My question is did you learn a lot from the workshop? Did you feel confident enough to start teaching right away? Are you teaching now? Was it worth it? Any other info you wish to share would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Holly

Replies

• lisabernard
    lisabernard Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    a few friends of mine all went and took that certification class and loved it. They opened an herbalife club / zumba studio and it's packed!
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I was doing Zumba for 3 years 2-3X a week before I even thought about becoming certified; I finally did it this past Nov. I do NOT think that I could teach a 60 min class with only having 3 classes under my belt. Sure, you learn the Zumba formula at the certification and you do get a start up disk, but having 3 years of experience being a participant really helps me know what people will like as far as moves, routines, and I have a YEARS and HOURS worth of songs and routines that are ready to go.

If you do become a Zumba instructor I highly suggest attending more classes, go to different instructors, everyone puts there own spin on the moves. And I also highly recommend becoming a ZIN member.

if you have any other questions, just send me a message !!!!
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Re-reading what I wrote..I have take more than 3 classes (I realize that's how it came off..whoops) I meant to say that one of the teachers was really good and the other 2 instructors were not near as good. I do plan on taking more classes and trying more instructors as well. I want to make sure that I am ready to teach when the time is right. It's the best thing for me as well as any potential class I may be teaching.
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    well, if you have any questions just message me and have fun!!