I failed the 30 day shred...

Options
2»

Replies

• WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! hearing that you guys think im successful as is really puts a smile on my face =)
    I will keep everyone updated on my progress (also feel free to add me if you want a more regular update hehe)

Just so those of you who are interested know I wrecked a four wheeler into a try and rolled off a 35 foot cliff...
    My knee was cut open and required over 200 stitches. They told me if my bf wouldnt have reacted the way he did I would have lost everything from my knee down. I shattered EVERY bone in my hand and had to have numerous surgeries and months of occupational therapy. I was in the hospital for a while and couldnt walk for months. After all was said and done I gained 40 pounds (what do you expect when you lay in bed literally and do nothing else for months haha)

So thats when I decided to get rid of those 40 pounds and the 30 extra pounds I didnt want before hand =)
    70 (or more) is a BIG goal for someone who was addicted to food and mountain dew and I know that I want to do this slow and steady and I WILL reach my goal... as I progress Ill speed up on different aspects and step my game up. But the support from this page helps in every step!!!

There is no fail, except in not trying at all. Give yourself credit for how far you've come just in rehab and PT; you've already done some AMAZING things. Become fit on YOUR terms - this is YOUR journey. Don't measure YOUR journey against anyone else's because yours is plenty amazing. You are an inspiration.
  • CelesteENelson
    CelesteENelson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am doing the slim in 6 videos and have no cushion (cartiledge) in my knees. So when it comes to getting down to doing leg raises. I put a pillow under the upper part of my shin and put my weight there. I cant do all the leg raises but I do it until I cant handle the pain in my knee and then I do the alternate move they show so I am doing something. So I feel your pain. I am very proud of you for not quitting and finding one that better fits your needs until you can do that one. Maybe I too can work up to that one unfortunately my knee problems wont be going away. Keep on working you will do what is best for you ....
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    First time I done it I thought I was going to die! So I move on to something that was easier and I got better at that and then work on added more to each workout. I guess what Im trying to say is that you kinda have to get into better shape to do it. I've done it last week and I found this time it wasnt so bad. But I only do it once in a while to change things up or to get a kick in the a**! To tell you the truth, I really hate doing jumping jacks because I need to wear a diaper...lol! Start with something esle first and move up. Good luck to you. And by the way I find soaking in the tub afterwards with 2 cups of edsom salts really helps with muscle soreness.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I tried it... couldnt even finish the first day. I know Jillian Michael's is big on not stopping... but Idk if its because of personal injuries (was in a bad accident a few months ago... knee and hand were severely injured and havent completely healed) or if it was just that my over 200 pound body couldnt handle it.

BUT!!!!! i refused to let that be my downfall

I saw a video at WalMart and decided to pick it up
    The Biggest Loser 30 day jump start....
    its seriously ten minutes a day....
    in ten minutes I had my heart racing and sweat pouring...
    but when i was done I didnt have to crawl to the shower and after I washed and felt all fresh I was able to say honestly that I CAN DO THIS!!! & even though with work I may not be able to do the video every single day I will do it for AT LEAST 30 days =)

its a very logical work out and the dvd has motivational tips, diet tips, 7 training tips that I cant wait to check out (;

Maybe not today, but someday you'll be ale to finish the 30 Day Shred!

That can be a goal for you.. you'll feel so awesome once you do. It's definitely an accomplishment to finish. I did it once for 30 days straight but still use it within my exercise routine.. It kicks your butt every time but you keep coming back for more.. haha
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I got the jump start that you were talking about. I'm going to add it to my shred, because I feel like I'm not ready to move to level 2 on the shred, but the 20 minutes of level one doesn't kick my butt anymore.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Something I learned in classes at the gym: I can't do push-ups and there are also 2 yoga poses I simply cannot do because of the weight on my knee (I had serious damage and ACL replaced, MCL severed, cartilage destroyed). My instructors have always poninted out an option to do something else that works the muscles similarly. So when everyone else is doing push-ups, a few of us will do our own thing (I grab weights and do a bench press). My point, you can always substitute with something else you CAN do until they move on to the next thing as it's not about following them completely it's about YOU burning calories! :) It's YOUR workout not Jillian's or Simmons or whoevertheheck!

Keep doing you :)
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support guys!!
    I have no intentions of "giving up" though... I'm just choosing to do something my body can handle for now and after these 30 days are over and I dont have as much weight to carry through the workout I'm gonna start the 30 day shred

you're doing phenomenal! Everyone is so individual, doing what works for you is the best thing!
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    YOU have to find what works for YOU and start from there. No two people are the same, only you know what your body feels good with. Dont you dare feel defeated, you are here arent you?
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    I got the jump start that you were talking about. I'm going to add it to my shred, because I feel like I'm not ready to move to level 2 on the shred, but the 20 minutes of level one doesn't kick my butt anymore.

Is there any reason you don't feel able to move onto Level 2 of the shred? I only ask as I have done L1 for 5 days, and then today I thought I would shake it up and I did Level 2 instead. It's hard, but it actually went quicker than L1 does, I was expecting another circuit and then was surprised when it came up with the CoolDown! I didn't do all the reps they do, becuase I found I needed to watch the first couple they did to see the exercise but it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be...

To the OP - fantastic, well done you for not giving up and doing something. You only fail when you don't do anything at all and as everyone has said, this is your journey so you do it at your pace. None of our extra weight came on overnight and it won't go overnight - slow and steady is the way!