Women! I'm worried :/

Options
Ive been on my diet for about 23 days? somewhere in that time frame... and I should have started my t.o.m. about 2 and half weeks ago... but it hasnt come...
I've taken pregnancy tests and everytime it shows negative.
Could the change in diet, exercise or additional stress be the cause?

Replies

• Franticantics
    Options
    I've had nothing for coming up t 4 months now :/
  • melissatacker
    melissatacker Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Me too...I am almost 2 weeks late and I'm not sure if it is the change in diet/exercise or stress or a combo of all of them!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Yes, A change in diet can cause you to be late, but if it is over a month and a half late, I go to the Dr.
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Same here 6 days late not preggers:)
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    That's why I'm on Depo...I ain't hanging out with Aunt Flo anymore! :laugh:
  • xomakaxo
    xomakaxo Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Especially if you really increased your amount of exercise. However, if it is annoying or uneasy for you not to have a period, you should go see a doctor and make sure it's not something else.
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    The first month of losing weight I was over 2 weeks late. It went back to normal afterwards.

I think it's simply a bit of a shock to the system -- nothing to worry about.
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Yes, A change in diet can cause you to be late, but if it is over a month and a half late, I go to the Dr.

I second this.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's happened to me before.. I've also had it come early! Well.. that was annoying.

If your cycle is really off track though and you don't get your period soon I would go to the doctors just to make sure you are getting all the nutrients your body needs.
  • jittythekitty
    jittythekitty Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It's probably just a change in your diet, either way, Go to the Doctor --- I know dreded Gyno ---- but it's the safest route.
  • sclosson
    sclosson Posts: 120
    Options
    I started a spin class and now I'm late as well. I am definitely blaming the increase physical exercise.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    breathe & wait another week to test yourself & make sure you're taking your vitamins & not drinking in the mean time! extreme changes in diet, activity level, & stress can alter your hormones, making your TOM off, but you've only been doing this for 23 days you said, but i don't know your stats- so my guess is stress since your tests are coming back negative. sometimes it takes a little longer depending on your body to make enough HCG (pregnancy hormone) to show up on a test. if your period isn't here by next week & tests are still negative, make a dr appt.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Make sure you are eating enough. If you aren't, your body may "shut it off", which is unhealthy. Have you been stressing lately? Stress makes me late... Course, this time around I was "late" because I am pregnant. lol. Anyway, if you rule out eating habits, stress, and pregnancy and still don't start, I would talk to your gynecologist to rule out any issues.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    My cycle is usually 28-30 days. I finally got mine today at 41 days. It's been weird spotting and freaky PMS symptoms the whole time, too. I was freaking out for a minute there!

I'd heard weight loss and activity increase can subdue your cycle and I guess it's true!
  • melissatacker
    melissatacker Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @kao708...be careful with depo I was on it for 4 1/2 years and it's what caused me to gain over 100 lbs!
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    That's why I'm on Depo...I ain't hanging out with Aunt Flo anymore! :laugh:

ah yeah, i used to love that about being on Depo, but have been off it for a few years now. i don't get enough calcium, so i didn't want to worry about that side effect with Depo. I'm on Yaz now, which i know has side effects too, but it seems to be pretty good for me.

@ EecakYelsom17- as long as you aren't feeling any different, i wouldn't worry too much about it. think of it as a bonus time with not having to exercise while during the TOM, cause i hate that, always feel yucky after exercising at that time. if you really feel worried though, and it has been awhile, it can't hurt to check with your doctor.
  • sassysusse
    Options
    I think stress does crazy things to our body and the older we get the more sensitive we are to it. Sometimes we're stressed even if we don't know it. Our body internalizes a lot of things. If you don't get it soon, I'd go to the Dr otherwise you'll worry even more.
  • ldierc
    Options
    any time there is a change in diet or activity it affects our cycle. just to make sure have a blood test some times the pee test doesnt pick things up.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    Good to know this! I really thought I was pregnant and about to cry with despair *cough* joy but I wasn't. I'm late by at least six days now.
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    exercise can cause this. :o) especially a new regiment your body's not used to!