30 pounds to lose. Are you in?

Options
Hello to all my fitness pals out there!

I joined MFP about a month ago, and have lost almost 10 lb. since then.
I'm looking to lose 25-30 more pounds by June 1, 2011.
This may be a lofty goal, but if I even get anywhere close by then, I'll be happy.

WHO'S WITH ME? Who has a similar goal? Who wants to be a part of a team? Maybe a "competition?" Friend me.

** Please friend me ONLY if you are really committed to a goal like mine (and getting there in a healthy way). I've had too many friend requests from people who constantly eat junk food, are starving themselves, or barely exercise. I need people who will encourage me to lose weight in a healthy way. We can lift each other up and hold each other accountable. **

Are you in?

CW: 145
GW: 115

22 yrs. old
5' tall

Replies

• halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm In! I have 30 lbs more to lose as well and I had set my goal date for June 15th...but, I'm up for moving it to June 1st.

SW: 164
    CW: 156
    GW: 126
    33 y/o
    5'2"
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I am in! I have more than 30 to lose but my first major goal is by this summer.

SW: 220
    CW: 201
    1st GW: 170
    28 y/o
    5'4"
  • Shaye85
    Shaye85 Posts: 107
    Options
    I have 50 to lose but im up for the challenge!
    sw: 227
    cw:179
    gw:125
    5"5
    25yo
  • sfcop311
    Options
    I am in... I have 40lbs to lose but 30 is a start. I weigh 177lbs. now ...
  • twinkier
    twinkier Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am all for it! I have 18 pounds to lose but I would be happy to lose a couple more. I want in! I am doing Turbo Jam and am following the "Live Right 4 Your type" lifestyle (diet). I know we can do it!!

CW: 166
    GW: 148 (though no less than 140)

41 years old
    5'4" tall
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have 41 lbs more to lose, but would love to be friends with those with the same goals. :-)

PS: Anyone feel free to friend me, as well!
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    I have more than 30 to lose, and I am on here daily so we can be friends if you would like....

I am not exercising much right now though because of school, but this summer I will definitely be amping it up. People that don't exercise aren't necessarily bad to be friends with though.... :(

I keep my eating on track & I am here daily and I would love to be down 30 pounds by this summer, if I get anywhere near that I too would be happy.

:)
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am in, I have a very similar goal and certainly wish to follow a healthy path to reach it. I want to build a fat burnng machine and certainly depend on good fuel to do that.
    If you friend me, don't judge my diet by the past week, I had a raging sinus infection and was force feeding myself every morsel and all I could do was walk, but I assure you I walked miles :)
  • 87jeppy
    87jeppy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just started it but I'm in!!

CW: 198
    GW: 170
    23yrs. old
    5'11 tall
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    There are only 13 weeks until June 1st, so to lose 30lbs by then, we need to lose at about 2.4lbs a week. That's a bit much for me, so I'll aim for 15-20lbs.

I have 36lbs left to lose, so 15-20 would be a nice chunk of that :-)

SW: 166
    CW: 155
    GW: about 136 by June 1st 2011
    Ultimate GW: 119lbs
    5'4"
    20 years old

Feel free to friend me!!!
  • 50x30
    50x30 Posts: 8
    Options
    I have similar goals as well. I am trying to lose about 24 lbs by June. I joined MFP last year and used the sight religiously for about 6 months but did not participate in the message boards or seek out any friends. I just started logging in again about 2 weeks ago and want to try a different approach, so yes, I am in.

CW: 151.6
    GW: 128
    5'6''
  • landis2011
    Options
    I'm in. i would like to open my box of skinny clothes this summer and actually be able to wear them!
  • Constance14
    Options
    I am in too!! I've lost 8 lbs so far. I started at 160 and my goal is to lose 30 lbs in total. Am I looking forward to losing that weight and feel more determined than ever :D
  • FLmom2J
    FLmom2J Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I would love to help each other out!! My stats are not too off from yours. I was aiming for 25lbs lost by June 20th (my bday!) but can move it up a few weeks :) If I get anywhere near that I'll be thrilled. I've been doing p90x and shred but not everyday. I do do some kind of exercise everyday but am really going to start logging every bite that goes in my mouth and every calorie burned exercising. Monday I'll be starting p90x with the mission to do all 90 days without skipping!!! So yeah, I need all the motivation I get lol. We can do this!

CW- 136lbs
    GW- 110lbs

I'm 5'2"
  • Constance14
    Options
    Hey FLmom2J I am starting p90x on Monday as well:))) and I too want to do it without skipping!
  • FLmom2J
    FLmom2J Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hey FLmom2J I am starting p90x on Monday as well:))) and I too want to do it without skipping!

Awesome!! Friend me so we can keep each other motivated!! It helps to know I'm not the only one suffering lol.
  • mare91467
    mare91467 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am in! I started on January 18th, weighing 180lbs. My ultimate goal is 35lbs by June 1st. I also lost 10lbs in the first month, but my second month has been off to a slow weight loss start, but I also am 15 days into the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I might be gaining some muscle mass which could account for the lack of weight loss.

What are you doing for exercise? What is your diet like? I am eating mostly low fat, low carb, high protein meals, and I have been fanatical about sticking to the diet and within my calorie range. This is the first time in 10 years that I am completey committed to this.
  • nikkiexx95
    nikkiexx95 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    my birthday's on june 22 and i wanna loose 30 lbs by then so i'm in!
  • sdb903
    sdb903 Posts: 85
    Options
    I would love to join in as well!!!! I have lost 10 lbs since 01/31/2011 and I go to the gym at least 5 times a week. I love doing zumba and I workout on the elliptical as much as possible. I would love to lose 25-30 lbs by June that will put me much closer to my goal weight.
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation!!

I'm in!!
    I've lost about 10ish pounds so far, and would love to get to 140.

I love doing Zumba on my Wii, and running...

SW: 183
    CW:173
    GW:150

23 pounds to go. I can definitely do this by June 1st!

5'6
    21 years old