Another Newbie

gatsbythegreat
gatsbythegreat Posts: 2
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all,

I'm Rachel (my username is after my puppy Gatsby; I'm real original, y'know?).

I'm 23-going-on-24. I'm a student, and I've struggled with being over-weight pretty much my entire life. In high school, I lost a pretty decent amount of weight due to a low-carb diet. Today, I'm on the low-calorie more exercise diet, haha. I started on Halloween (which was dumb...candy everywhere), and I've been going strong-ish ever since.

I'm 22lbs lighter (my profile says 11, but I can't understand why...*shrug*). And I have plenty more to go yet. I don't really have a goal...just to lose until I feel/look good. I'll be a bridesmaid in June which has propelled my desire to get in shape. I'll still be on the chunky side come my best friend's big day, but I have dropped a whole dress side. Yepyep.

Anyway...I use this site's app on my iPod to keep track of my calories. Now I've decided to poke around the forum and maybe learn from you awesome folk.

Good luck everyone on their endeavors! And send me some positive vibes! ;)

Rachel

Replies

• Hi Rach,

I too am new. Everyone on here seems really friendly and supportive of each other though!

Jen x
  • TonysMiss
    TonysMiss Posts: 128 Member
    I love this site so far!!!! I also found it on my IPod but now I'm hooked to the site. It's really helpful and REALLY makes me think about what I'm eating and how much I'm exercising because I know I have to log it in here!!

I am also going to be a bridesmaid in June!!!!! Thing for me is she is 21 and all the other bridesmaids are in the same age. Me.........well, I'm 37! I'm going to be standing up there a decade or more older than all of them!!! hahaha........Lord, help me!

Good luck to you! :happy:

add me if you would like!
  • Today is my second day. My mom referred me to this site. I've noticed that I think about what I'm eating a lot more when I know I have to write it down and see the calories in black and white!
  • crazyquilter36
    crazyquilter36 Posts: 74 Member
    Hi, I am going to be a maid of honor at the end of Oct. That is what got me motivated to lose some weight. I have been on for a week now. I found the app. on my phone and am now addicted to the website ;) You can all add me if you want. =) Good luck :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.