I have 600 calories to eat by now!!!!

Options
Ok, I have not felt well today. Head cold, minor upset tummy, no appetite, so I have barely ate. I did have a good breakfast before it all started. I did work out because I can't miss a day of Shred. Now I am feeling a bit better, still not hungry but I am worried about these 600 calories that are just sitting there waiting for my body to go into starvation mode. Do I hurry up and shove food into my mouth (healthier food) or can I just not eat? What are your thoughts? I never used to worry about this I would have no appetite and say, "score I will lose pounds", now I am like , "Oh no Starvation Mode".. Ugh

Replies

• jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Starvation mode doesn't happen in one day it takes a prolonged period of deprivation. If you can eat something with is high calorie like nuts, peanut butter or some cereal would be good. Since you don't feel well don't stuff yourself. It is one day you will be fine.
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    If your not feeling well and have no appetite, don't worry about not eating your ususal. When you are sick, it's your body telling you so and you shouldn't have to force down food if your body can't handle it! I had the flu back 2 months ago and couldn't eat much for 3-4 days. Just make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids and maybe try some chicken broth or light chicken noodle soup with crackers. 1-2 days is Ok really, if you are not feeling good! I was afraid that if I ate when I was sick, I wouldn't be able to hold it down. Hope you feel better soon.
  • carrie_lebel
    Options
    phew.. I feel better. That settles it I will not eat but I will drink water. Thanks for the advice.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    LMBO! I normally have over 1000 calories left to eat at the end of the day. I just cannot eat the 2800 they say I need. I cant do it. I eat just about all day long. But I eat healthy foods. Fruits and veggies. So the cals stay low. Its not really intentional to keep them low. Its to up the nutritional value of what I am putting into my body. So it creates quite a deficit. Im standing at about 939 cals to eat yet. There is no way Im going to get that in. I just cant. And Im not sweating it. Because I feel fine.