NSV - I can talk!

Options
cls413
cls413 Posts: 57 Member
Today my husband and I both went to the Y. It's been a few weeks since we've gone together, and about a month ago we were on ellipticals, side by side, and he actually thought we'd be able to have a conversation. Ha! It took all my focus just to keep breathing, and I had no extra breath to say more than a word response when he tried to talk to me.

Today he said one little thing, and I responded with a way longer answer than he was probably expecting. We went back and forth for a bit before I realized... I'm talking! And I'm not gasping for breath between each word! Which probably means that I could have been pushing myself harder -- in fact I know I could -- but I was definitely not "phoning it in" either. My HR was up around 160 which is about as high as I like to push it unless it's just for a short burst.

Pretty soon I'll be one of those girls I see doing 7 mph on the treadmill and chatting away like it's nothing! (Okay, probably not...)

Replies

• jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Yay! Congrats on your NSV!!!

P.S. I tried to have a conversation, a short one, with a friend while running on 7.2 and whew it was so hard. Don't try to get out more than a sentence haha. :)
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Now bump up that speed . . . just joking!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. Way to go!!!!!
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Awesome !!! I love it...I can't wait to start running again so I can gauge my ability to "talk ".
  • HungryMom
    Options
    Way to go! I love those NSV moments!
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on this AWESOME nsv =]. I use the elliptical about once a week and girl, I can't breathe much less respond to anything anyone says to me. Way to go!
  • janruffin
    janruffin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!