always thinking about food?!

Options
I started dieting about a year and a half ago and lost the 15 pounds I gained my senior years of highschool. Now, I am at a healthy weight an have maintained it for almost a year. However, I find myself CONSTANTLY thinking about food, my next meal, analyzing everything im eating, thinking im hungry when i'm probably not, etc. I feel like I can eat and eat and eat most of the time. I used to just kind of eat whatever I wanted and not really think about it, but now I think since I've learned so much about food I'm just constantly thinking about it and when i'm going to eat again in a day. Does anyone else have this problem? How do you cope?! Thanks!!

Replies

• alexis92
    Options
    I feel the same way. Since I started seriously dieting and working out last month, I find myself constantly checking nutrition facts and feeling uncomfortable when I don't know exactly WHAT I'm eating. I agree it's probably because we learned so much about food. I made an appointment with a Dietician at my school next week to get some advice about healthy meal options (since I am pretty limited by the choices in in my college's food system) and make sure I'm not going nuts!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    hydrate well...that'll usu do it, if not, always keep those quick snacks (almonds, apples). Plan out your meals and snacks and don't get to crazy with the #s...it's gotta be real to work forever.

keep it real :flowerforyou:
  • CMH24
    CMH24 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I do it a lot too but I don't think it has to be a bad thing. Losing weight and maintaining it for me are something that are a lifetime of struggles for me and I would rather plan my meals and focus on it than end up where I was. I notice if I'm busy then it is not on my mind, so keep yourself busy with little activities and that should help!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    It's hard NOT to think about food all the time while you are starting out and continuing on a new healthy lifestyle. It seems as though it consumes my mind constantly. Yes, it can so very mentally exhausting but, if I was still eating like I used to, such as 2-3 pint of Ben & Jerry's everyday, pizza and other bad for you foods, I would be sitting here thinking about how fat I am and how I need to get on a diet and lose weight which, also consumed my mind almost constantly. So, I'd rather be thinking about it while eating healthier, exercising and LOSING Weight! Losing 44 pounds so far has made me feel so better about myself, even though I still have 110 pounds to go, it's a start and if thinking about it all day, everyday is the only draw back of it all, I feel it's not that much of a Con in my book. Just take it one day at a time and do the best you can. Pretty soon you will automatically know how many calories are in a food item, so it won't be so time cosumming! Good luck and keep up the good work!
  • christopherpatton
    Options
    hi im a 19 year old male whose lost 80 pounds ..and now i want to maintain.. but all i do is think about food and occasionally binge eat at night.. any advice ???