How much under goal is ok??

Options
MFP helps us set goals for caloric intake based on how fast we want to loose...
I know that you have to eat "enough" or you will go into starvation mode....
How much under goal is ok???

I just updated goals so that my intake is adjusted, but even this new goal i am usually well under on a typical day... but it seems silly to eat something else at the end of the day to get up to your goal.... but then again that's what ppl on weight watchers do right? They HAVE to eat the number of points assigned???

Thanks,
Just tryin not to screw up by thinking i'm doing GREAT by being under goal

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    If it's within a hundred calories, I don't worry about it.
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I eat if I am hungry. I think as long as you are eating healthy, and keep it as a lifestyle then you are ok.
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I believe that the calorie number is 1,200 a day. That's minimum. Just took a quick look at your home page. Like many of the gals and guys on MFP, you have a fairly large goal of weight loss. There are so many MFPs who have 100 plus pounds to lose. Some of the most successful and motivating members have lost over 150 pounds. You can do this too, but it will take a lot of concentration and motivation.

I know that there are groups you can join on MFP for people with 100 or more pounds to lose. I would search for the topic under the Community Search and join in. That's to start.

Set lots of "mini goals" for yourself so you can be successful every month. Add lots of MFP friends so that you get ideas, support and encouragement. This is a very "adult" site. There is no one "diet" that fits everyone. You will find what works best for you. But it does require a lot of time, concentration, planning and discipline. Please feel free to add me as a friend, if you'd like.

Stay with the program for the long haul. You can do this. You'll find lots of us on MFP who want to help you along the way!
  • NguyenTJ
    NguyenTJ Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!
  • grneyety
    grneyety Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It's 1200 for this site for sure. If I come in under that when I turn in my numbers at the end of the day it comes up with a disclaimer encouraging me to eat more! Never had that happen before! You're right with WW you are encouraged to eat all of your points but that is just because it takes a minimum amount of calories just to keep going. Hope that helps. Good luck getting those last minute calories! LOL.
  • NguyenTJ
    NguyenTJ Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    hehe.. there was a day when I came in under 1000.. I was walking around my kitchen checking labels and trying to find something to eat that i wouldn't hate myself for later. I don't remember what I ended up with but I felt like a crazy person because I wasn't even really hungry... but didn't want to stall out the process or heaven forbid start to STORE anymore (I couldn't hibernate for a few winters I think)

Thanks again for the replies. I'll be sure I'm at 1200 at least..... not a hard thing at all to do... but 1600 is sometimes not easy if you are eating healthier...and makes that little evil voice come out "come on, you have 400 calories left for the day... eat the cupcake"

And why can't work snacks be a fruit tray... damn the krispy kreme... and their hot sign too!!!!

Barbie - I did find a group of folks with some of my same goals... I posted there to help build the support system up even higher.

Thanks again everyone!!