Hungy Girl recipes?

Options
Jess3Loves
Jess3Loves Posts: 94 Member
Has anyone ever tried one of the Hungry Girl recipes? if so, which one did you try and did you like it?

I just remembered I had her book, I dug it out today and will make a grocery list tomorrow!

Replies

• MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I used to get her emails but I felt like everything was a crutch and a swap for a devilish item. I eventually cancelled because everything she used was so processed!
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    we just got the cookbook tonight. I hope the recipes are good!!
  • cerferchick
    Options
    I love Hungry Girl!! All the recipies are yummy! My kids even like them! Stock up on Fiber one cereal! lol! I think my fave might be the fudge recipe or the onion rings.
  • DimenaZhena
    Options
    My Mom bought me her books for my birthday and I think the recipes that I have tried are very delicious. :)
  • Jess3Loves
    Options
    we just got the cookbook tonight. I hope the recipes are good!!

Let me know which ones you end up trying. I will update this post once I try some. :)
  • Jess3Loves
    Options
    Awesome, thanks! I will update with what recipes I tried and let you guys know how it went!
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I am an Hungry Girl addict...I wont lie.

My favorite is still the original cookbook but her 200 under 200 is also a fav. I can't remember the names of all the recipes that I really like, but they are delicious. I do, at times, tweek it as some of the ingredients I just don't have on hand, but they are a staple in my cookbook collection.
  • Kdrewis
    Options
    I LOVE Hungry Girl!!!! It's so hard to eat well and never cave on foods we love. She has a great ability to allow me to eat what I love and not get all the crap that comes with it. For example, I was craving a cheeseburger today and instead of going to BK...I made her 'cheeseburger swap' with Boca Meat and Deli Flats. It totally kicked my craving!! And, it was under 200 calories.
  • Jess3Loves
    Options
    I LOVE Hungry Girl!!!! It's so hard to eat well and never cave on foods we love. She has a great ability to allow me to eat what I love and not get all the crap that comes with it. For example, I was craving a cheeseburger today and instead of going to BK...I made her 'cheeseburger swap' with Boca Meat and Deli Flats. It totally kicked my craving!! And, it was under 200 calories.

Awesome! Very good to know!

Does anyone know if she has a cell phone app?
  • tluttrell
    tluttrell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Love her. But yes, she sometimes uses a lot of processed foods. Try the Too EZ Mac and Cheese. It's to die for--My picky husband's and my nine year old's favorite. They actually ask for me to make it. Wow. I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but if you don't have the cookbooks, you can find a lot of the recipes on the Cooking Channel website.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    These are all of the ones that I tried, but I am confident that you would like any of them!

Fab Five Banana Pancakes
    Grab n Go Breakfast Cookies
    Cinnamon-vanilla french toast nuggets

Sweet N' Chunky Chicken Salad
    Sweet Cinnamon Pita Chips

Big Bad Burger Wrap
    Any of the Quesadilla Recipes
    Little Taco Salad in a Shell

Chocolate chip cookie crisp puddin' shake

Crazy-crumbly super-yummy coffee cakes
    Red velvet insanity cupcakes

Top Banana Bread
    Mini Microwave Triple Chocolate Cake

Miracle Mousse
    Chunky apple-cinnamon muffins
    Apple Icobbler

Dynamite double chocolate dream parfaits
    Double-trouble chocolate trifle
  • Denise6914
    Options
    You just reminded me I bought her book and haven't even used it yet!