calories left? do I eat em?

Options
I went over by about 500 yesterday. I have that many left today. No workout this morning... should I call it a push on the two days or should I eat them?

Replies

• sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    I went over by about 500 yesterday. I have that many left today. No workout this morning... should I call it a push on the two days or should I eat them?
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'd eat half of them...
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    Dont eat them. I'd start drinking water and call it even
  • IndigoElectron
    IndigoElectron Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat them either. I know we're not supposed to fall below a certain number of calories a day, but equally you still need a 3500 deficit to lose 1 pound in a week. So if you go over by 500 and don't make up for it the next day you could jeopardise your weight loss for that week.

There are different schools of thought on this - some people say you shouldn't 'punish' yourself for having a bad day, others say it's a good thing to vary your calories from day to day because it stops your body getting used to a set number of calories. The second approach is also known as 'zig zagging' and there's a thread on here about it somewhere. It's what I do, though not always intentionally!
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    I think I zig zag as well... up and down each day. Varying the cal intake #.
    I ended up having some fiber one bran cereal and 2 large glasses of water... my problme was that I wanted something sweet AND i was prob a little dehydrated....

Thanks!

Fiber one bran cereal is a good filler up with a mild sweetness ... 13 grams fiber, 60 cal, 1 fat and 0 sugar, but still sweet...
  • IndigoElectron
    Options
    I like bran cereal too, it's low in cals and fills me up, and I don't binge on it like I do with some other cereals!
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    if you could go without eating them...great! I wish I had that problem hahaha!!
  • IndigoElectron
    Options
    Me too! :laugh: