Not sure where this goes...

Options
So I joined a lion dance committee and we did a lot of work outs etc and I don't know the name of some of the things we did and the ones I do know, I can't find in the exercise column. What am I supposed to do? D:

Main things we did were holding our stances for a long period of time, which I'm pretty sure goes under strength but I'm not sure either.

Replies

• Belle_Fille
    Options
    if they are similar to other exercises that you do know, log it as that maybe? do you use a HRM or do you go by what MFP says you burn? if you have a HRM just create your own exercise, (maybe label it lion dance class or something) and enter in your own calories burned.
  • jnknzxD
    jnknzxD Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what a HRM is. xD;
  • Juleswithaplan
    Juleswithaplan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yup - I was stumped by HRM for a while too! Pretty sure now that it is a Heart Rate Monitor. It appears to be all the rage on MFP and quite effective for tracking your calories burned doing just about anything.

Hope that helps,

Jules
  • jnknzxD
    Options
    Ah~ How do I find one of those o_o;; Lol. D:
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Would somebody please tell me what a lion dance is??
    Or did you mean line dance? :huh:
  • Juleswithaplan
    Juleswithaplan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi again -

As I am HRM-curious too, I found this site that rates them:

http://www.consumersearch.com/heart-rate-monitors

As for what's Lion Dance or a Lion Dance Committee, you'll have to explain that one cause I am stumped, too!

Thanks,

Jules
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Maybe something like Tai Chi?
  • jnknzxD
    Options
    Chinese new years. :3 You know those dancing lions with the bald guy. Google it, I'm sure you guys know who he is. And thank you for the HRM site.