Very mini vent ...

Options
If you can even call it that.

I personally can't stand the so called advice of "develope thicker skin" and
"don't be so sensitive" Nobody can help the way they feel about something and everybody has the right to call a person out on rude behaviour or anything they feel wronged about.

See I tried to hold it in and even the next day I had to say something.

Replies

• corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    I agree. When people are negative it brings me down. I'm glad all of my MFP friends are so awesome and supportive. :flowerforyou:
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    Definitly let it out or it will fester inside and annoy you soooo much and who knows what could happen. I have learned to let all negativity slide like water off a ducks back, it has taken YEARS but I think I am finally achieving it!
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    OH I hate thick skin too. I'm a tell it like it is person. I don't think I could have lasted a day holding it in. In fact one day I didn't and ripped back at someone who ripped into me (basically calling me an ignorant nobody on this website giving bad advice) when in fact they neither new the original poster any more than I did yet still had "better, more sound" advise to offer themselves. Lucky for them I couldn't find the post when I tried to go back 2 days later and see what had happened but in a twist of fate it forced me to let it go.

I really don't care what others think about me, have to say about me etc. but the one thing I am a firm believer and practicer of is telling you to your face what I have to say and not going behind someones back to talk about them. If you have a problem with me, tell me just like I'd tell you if I had one with you (and by you I'm meaning another person, not you personally because well, I don't know you) Why do people feel the need to be all nicey nice to my face and then start talking about me before I completely turn around? I'm not phoney - I am who I am and if I don't like someone or care for what they have to say to or about me, I'll tell them. I'm sorry if people can't accept the truth, but rude is rude and if you're momma didn't teach you better, I sure will lol. People only treat us the way we allow them to. If you don't say anything, how is anyone to know something offended or hurt your feelings? We're human - at least those of us who do not ignore our feelings and stuff them down and try to hide them, denying our true selves in the process. No wonder people have eating disorders and problems relating to others. Most of us are not honest with ourselves so how can we truly be honest with others?

Thanks for the post and don't ever be afraid or ashamed to be YOU-including every little thing you think and feel.
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Totally! The worst is when someone says "Don't let it bother you." Well, I don't LET it bother me, it just does!