sick but gained weight?

Options
I need some confirmation here, i became sick yesterday morning (throwing up and the sorts) and really haven't eaten much since, lots of saltine crackers, flat soda, chick broth but in that time iv some how put on 5lbs.

i'm bloating right? all the salt in the food?

Replies

• mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    well I believe its from the salt and sodium and since your sick your body ay be holding on to all that for safety. I wouldnt read much into it.....keep yourself hydrated well...
  • tonykozak
    Options
    the high sodium content is responsible for the weight gain
    sodium holds 10 times its weight in water. it comes in handy to stop the body from getting dehydrated from fever or throwing up. i am sure when you are feeling better the water weight will be expelled. be good to your body..lots of rest/sleep and lots of fluids.
  • xomakaxo
    xomakaxo Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Salt, water retention... I would also make sure you're weighing at the same time of day, as weight can fluctuate throughout the day. Be sure to drink lots of water and get lots of rest. Get well soon!
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I always gain when I'm ill and assume it's water retention. It it makes you feel better, here is my last 7 days:

Sunday- 272 ( woohoo lost 29 lb)
    Monday- toothache
    Tuesday- worse toothache - 274
    Wednesday- abscess appeared - 276
    Thursday - in agony, 277
    Friday- emergency dentist! Antibiotics started
    Saturday- 272.
    Sunday- 270

Miraculously I did stick to 1400 cals despite my misery. Hope you feel better soon
  • vintagedream
    Options
    I always gain when I'm ill and assume it's water retention. It it makes you feel better, here is my last 7 days:

Monday- toothache
    Thursday - in agony, 277
    Saturday- 272.
    Sunday- 270

Miraculously I did stick to 1400 cals despite my misery. Hope you feel better soon

WOW! talk about a roller coaster!
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    dont take this the wrong way but, I have never heard a man talk about water weight before why is that?
  • vintagedream
    Options
    dont take this the wrong way but, I have never heard a man talk about water weight before why is that?

uterus deficiency? :laugh:
  • thestrand
    Options
    i suffer terrible pmt water retention but i've been on mfp for 6wks now and i can seefrom my diary that most things i have eaten in that time have zero or minimal salt in them. This month my symptoms are almost non existant - my stomach hasnt swollen and although i can feel my uterus preparing for the inevitable its nowhere near as bad as it usually is. One of the other things ive done is drink loads of water and its flushing my system out and my skin looks much better.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options

Monday- toothache
    Thursday - in agony, 277
    Saturday- 272.
    Sunday- 270

This is why you shouldn't weigh yourself daily. Too much stress and anxiety when the numbers fluctuate...which they will!