hi im determined but need support

Options
Hi everyone, i have just logged my breakfast, i am really determined to get my life back, i quit smoking a month ago and have piled on the pounds, really could do with any support buddys to help eachother and also get some tips and ideas of yummy, healthy food. I have a terrible sweet tooth (drooling as i think of cakes, choccy and biscuits mmm) so byebye sweet things, my tum is no longer your home :)

Replies

• meant2bemj
    meant2bemj Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

You have already stated on the right track (actually, you started a month ago on the right track). We are all here for you, that's my fitness pal is all about. We have different goal settings, but if you want to add me to your friend list, it's cool. Continue to believe in yourself and you'll do fine. Best of luck and good wishes.
  • pinksoldier
    Options
    welcome! that's exactly why we're all here! good luck to you on your journey! Feel free to add me as a friend so you can see what i eat and how i exercise. it's good to know what other people are doing so you can mix up your food and routines!
  • coxy1968
    Options
    Welcome and well done on giving up smoking, i did it 4 years ago and was the best thing I ever did :happy: feel free to add me and this site is the place to be for support and motivation.
  • herskerinnen
    Options
    Welcome! Great to see a new determined face on here. I too am new and still finding my feet, on my third week so far with 3kg down. I thought I might help you with your sweet tooth as I myself have found some great sweet things that are better for you than what we were both probably eating before.

Swizzles Matlow's FIZZERS @ 29 cal per roll. I have a few at my desk to help with the hand to mouth of not smoking, and it helps fix the sweet tooth cravings too. I should add a warning here that they are addictive and too many will probably rot your teeth so it is a good idea to only take a few rolls with you and remember your oral hygiene :)

Also at my desk is a container of dried fruit.. saltanas, pineapple etc, also very sweet, but watch out for the hidden cals of too many ( even natural sugars have cals )

Good luck and hang in there, we are looking forward to seeing a thinner, healthier happier you ,as you continue your journey.
  • FILLE
    FILLE Posts: 45
    Options
    I have been on and off here for since 2009... This time around I have started to add people to my friend list and this seems to be motivating me to remind accountable to what I eat and how much I move!... Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • DCskat3r4lfe
    DCskat3r4lfe Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard!! keep your mind set and have enough motivation to keep going and finish and anything is possible!!