P90X Week Two

stoosh40
stoosh40 Posts: 5 Member
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Hello! Today is the first day of week two for P90X. I have started the program several times before... always skipping the hour and a half yoga and never actually completing a full week. Last week... I FINALLY completed a full week, week one down, eleven to GO! Last week I also ate HORRIBLE, this week I am going to eat the 6 small meals. I don't have the P90X food plan but I do have the Body for Life book, which I really like.

So... anyone out there, by chance, started P90X classic last week and getting ready for week 2??

Bring it!

OH... and, I didn't care for the yoga, and I HATE chest and back (have to do that one tonight).

Replies

• OMG that's so cool, b/c today is the first day for my week 2! Ughh I hate Chest & Back also, which I have tonight. Like you, I've started several times before, the first time I actually got through a month, but I plan on sticking w/ it now. We can do our program together, if you'd like! I don't care for the yoga either, I've done the first 30 min of it but after that I just can't do anymore of it. I think my favorite is Arms and Shoulders and Legs and Back.
  • I know it's not the same, but I just finished my first workout for week 2 of Insanity. We can try to encourage each other even though it's a different program!

I struggled terribly today. Am hoping to get better but didn't really see any progress from the first week. Going to keep pressing on!
  • I never do the yoga. I'm on day 56 of my second round and I always replace the yoga with the cardio x dvd. It has just about 10 mins of yoga (thats about all I can handle!) and a little bit of plyo, core, and kenpo...its a great workout. Try doing that one instead of the yoga dvd and see what you think! :)
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Grats on completing week one! You (and anyone else) can join us in a P90X thread I participate in here if you like:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/162114-p90x-november-1-bring-it

Even though some of us started it last year and are now in round 2, we also have several that have started later, including within the last couple weeks.

I strongly suggest that everyone does the Yoga X when it is time for it. Don't substitute it out for something else, you are doing yourself a disservice in the long run. I hated Yoga X when I first started too, took me 2 months before I started not hating it, lol. Then another month before I actually kinda liked it, and now I actually look forward to doing it most of the time. Just do your best with it, modify the poses that you need to modify, and do what you can. Get Yoga Blocks and use them if you aren't already, they make many of the moves/poses MUCH easier.

Usually, the workouts we don't like doing are the ones that work the areas we need the most improvement on. If you skip them, you slow down your progress in those areas.

Friend me if you like :)
  • Tomorrow I start week 8 of P90X. I've started the program several times over the past 1 1/2 years but fall back into my normal pattern after a while and quit. This time I've been committed and I'm seeing good results. I have a great support person to help me - my wife.

Over the time I've been doing P90X, I've struggled like you with Yoga X. I would skip yoga almost every time because I would get bored. I don't have that kind of time in my life right now to spend 90 minutes on exercising.

I've found a great alternative for the Yoga X. It's 1 on 1 with Tony Horton - Fountain of Youth Yoga. The video lasts 48 minutes. It's just Tony and his camera man in Tony's personal workout room. He doesn't do any crazy moves, but it's still challenging and fun. I really enjoy this version of Yoga.

Good luck, I hope you reach your goals and beyond.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    HI!
    I'm doing week 12, (should have been done with the whole thing weeks ago, but whatever). I started out HATING, I mean HATING the yoga. I thought there was something wrong with me because everybody else was always talking about how much they looooved it. I started subbing core synergistics because I figured it's more of a core workout like yoga. Anyway, I did that for a few weeks, then went back to the yoga and started to notice that no other workout in the system worked my abs the same way. Not even ab ripper. I was always sore the next day with yoga and never w/ab ripper. I started to see those side abs on Fridays, (day after yoga) and could feel the 90 minutes of HELL getting easier. So, now I've started running and I know that the yoga has helped my performance in that as well.

Here's my point, it totally sucks in the beginning, but it gets better as you get stronger. I think I hated it so much because it was so long and because it was hard. I still don't like how long it is, ( I could do without the balance even though I know it's good for me) but I like it now that I'm better at it.

Feel free to add me ;-)

BTW-- I hate chest, but I love back ;-)
  • stoosh40
    stoosh40 Posts: 5 Member
    I can't skip Yoga! yes... I hate it so far, but after the redundant hard first half hour it wasn't so bad. I just know I am an ALL or NOTHING person, if I start making substitutions and straying from the plan, I'll be doomed and it will be easier for me to give up altogether.
This discussion has been closed.