OMG!!!!!

Options
Is it seriously possible that i gained 3lbs over night?????? i was wayyy under my calories yesterday. it was my cheat day but all i ate all day was cereal and oj for breakfast, a grilled chicken salad for lunch, and then my cheat was a spicy chicken sandwich from wendys w/chili ( the wendys meal was 690 calories) and i burned 350 calories on the treadmill before i ate it.....I DONT GET IT!!! UGHHHHH

Replies

• JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    water, glycogen....tom....I can fluctuate that much in a day....so don't worry..your body is amazing but it can't turn 600 cals of extra food into the 10,500 cals it would need to be fat....not enough cals and not enough time..so chill and just carry on as normal..all will be well
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Wonder how much sodium you had yesterday? You could be holding 3 pounds of water.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I agree with the sodium...especially eating Wendy's...
  • ricnrac
    ricnrac Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    TOM or (don't want to be gross but......) maybe you need to go to the bathroom.......lots of factors. Give it a couple of days and check again. Don't let this stop you!
  • sturgill
    sturgill Posts: 118
    Options
    maybe it was to much sodium- and you had water gain - I have gained a couple pounds overnight before myself - it is frustrating but just part of the struggle- just keep up the good work and it will pay in the end
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    the body fluctuates so much. I wouldn't worry about it on a day to day basis. Two days ago I had my "weigh-in" day... I was only down 0.5lbs, not horrible, but I was expecting more. Last night I drank wine and I wanted to see this morning if it did any major damage yet, and I was down 1.1lbs more then I was on Friday. It makes me believe that I really lost about 1.6 lbs over the last week, but b/c of daily fluctuations it doesn't always show up like that. Just wait a few days and see if it all pans out.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    The sodium from your fast food is holding on to the 3 pounds in water. Just drink lots of water today and avoid as much sodium as possible and it will go away. It's not 3 pounds of fat!!! :smile:
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I would say its from a couple of things.
    1. Wendys food is full of salt. So probably some water weight.
    2.this might be TMI but I'd you haven't had a bowel movement that can make a difference. I I usually find if I eat any fast food it hours up for a day. Just make sure to have plenty of water and I eat fiber bars.
  • britt_fit
    Options
    Ha don't worry!!! :smile: You fluctuate from day today and from the morning compared to night. My recommendation? Just weigh yourself once a week. This way you can better compare on X day at X time what you weighed. Personally I think weighing yourself every day (or this is what it sounds like you're doing) is just going to worry you. It's more fun to wait a week and to see a bigger number change anyway :wink:
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Havin' any Carbs after lunch - not enough water....alot of Sodium. But, 3 lbs over night? Did you re-weight yourself after goin' to the bathroom - did you do the weigh in naked? or clothed?
  • rebecca_goss0
    Options
    No worries....don't weigh everyday. Pick a day and stick to it! You are suppose to have a fun day!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    May I say one thing? STOP STRESSING OUT OVER WHAT THE SCALE READS!!! LIKE OMG!!! Anyways, it'll come back off. I weigh myself bout once a month. That's it. If I see a 5 lb increase from the month before then I worry. K?
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    The sodium from your fast food is holding on to the 3 pounds in water. Just drink lots of water today and avoid as much sodium as possible and it will go away. It's not 3 pounds of fat!!! :smile:
    Miss Tonya is one of the most knowledgeable people on this site! Listen to her! :smile:
  • Chubbasmommy
    Options
    THANK U....it just amazed me when i stepped on the scale....almost made me want to quit but i wont =)
  • Chubbasmommy
    Options
    and im definitly agreeing with the sodium...and i did not drink enough water yesterday thats for sure.....thanks everyone =)....but im gonna work my *kitten* of today!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I had 3 lbs of water last weekend and lost it all by Tuesday...no biggie...don't stress over the fluctuations.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    It's the sodium doll. There's no way you gained 3 pounds. It takes 3500 to gain one pound. Two days of diet, exercise, and water will take it all away. Relax!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Sodium will cause you to retain water, so you more than likely are seeing the results of Wendys. I would drink at least 64 oz of water today and wait til Tuesday to weight in.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    I would say its from a couple of things.
    1. Wendys food is full of salt. So probably some water weight.
    2.this might be TMI but I'd you haven't had a bowel movement that can make a difference. I I usually find if I eat any fast food it hours up for a day. Just make sure to have plenty of water and I eat fiber bars.
    i was going to suggest the BM too...
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    if it is near your period you can also gain water weight. is it possible you are near your cycle? how much water did you have to drink yesterday? if you are drinking diet soda it also has sodium that will make you retain water. also if you are drinking the 8 glasses of water that this site suggests and are not getting rid of it you could store that too with too much sodium intake.