Pancakes under 100 calories

Options
cmmull67
cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
Ingredients:
Bisquick - Original Pancake & Baking Mix, 1 cup
Reduced Fat Milk (2%), 0.5 Cup
Bob's Red Mill Whole Ground Flax Seed - Flax Seed, 1 Tbsp
(follow directions to sub this for the egg)
Clabber Girl - Baking Powder - Double Acting, 1 tsp.

Following directions on Bisquick box, this makes approx 7 pancakes. You might want to add a little more milk or water, as these were slightly thicker/denser without the real egg.

Per pancake:

Calories 82
Carbs 12g
Fat 3g
Protein 2g
Sugar 1g
Sodium 252mg

I added cinnamon and almond extract, and my kid said they were the best pancakes he's ever had.

Replies

• cmo115
    cmo115 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I have been craving pancakes lately!
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    I just made Blueberry Banana pankcakes this morning!! They were so yummy!! I love pancakes!!
  • Nadyasmom
    Options
    Sounds delish!!! Especially with the almond and cinnamon added!

I bet they'll be even lower cal if we use fat free milk!

I didn't know that you can sub flax seed for eggs! Good to know!
  • Kimber2336
    Kimber2336 Posts: 131
    Options
    bump
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

Is that what she was saying? I thought a line got cut out of the recipe in error. REALLY?
  • cmmull67
    Options

Is that what she was saying? I thought a line got cut out of the recipe in error. REALLY?

He! :) And yes, according to the package for the flaxseed meal, you can sub it for eggs. I did find that it had less volume than the egg would use following the directions, so just add more water or skim milk to make up for it.

1 egg = 1/4 cup volume
  • Kimber2336
    Kimber2336 Posts: 131
    Options
    Question: I made these this morning and the "texture" of them didn't feel right... when I went back and looked at the recipe I realized I left out the baking powder... that will make a difference right?

The flavor was great!
  • noiinteam
    noiinteam Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cmmull67
    Options
    Question: I made these this morning and the "texture" of them didn't feel right... when I went back and looked at the recipe I realized I left out the baking powder... that will make a difference right?

The flavor was great!

Actually, the baking powder was an add to make them more "traditional" so it shouldn't have made much difference. Did you add more water or milk to account for the volume difference of the flax vs. egg?
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Fiber One has a pancake mix- it's over 100 calories- I think about 160- but that's for about 3 of them!
  • Beach_Chica
    Beach_Chica Posts: 111
    Options
    Fiber One has a pancake mix- it's over 100 calories- I think about 160- but that's for about 3 of them!

I love the Fiber One pancakes. Speaking of, I should buy more.