I'm on vacation

Options
jenbar
jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
and my little guy is sick! Has a fever and this stinks! Spent an hour in an immediate medical center and had to get antibiotics! We made it to the beach today though. I think we'll keep it low key tomorrow. Maybe hang out in the pools.
I went to the fitness center this morning. Got in 1/2 hour on a bike (it was my only option since the gym was packed and kind of small) then did some weights. Burned around 300 calories. If I can do that everyday, I should at least maintain.
Last night I made quinoa. I chopped up red and green peppers, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, basil, garlic added in olive oil and lemon juice. It made A LOT!!! So I packed 3 containers to take to the beach and have a huge portion left over for more! When we went shopping last night, I was so good and made sure we got a lot of good stuff for me (and them) My husband has a tendency to get stuck in this vacation food he always gets. I just made sure to get lots of veggies. Boiled some eggs, sliced a lot of watermelon, etc.
I did have some lowfat ice cream tonight on the boardwalk. But I figured I did pretty good today, so I had it and figured it was my exercise calories. And on the day my husband and I are going to go out and eat (by ourselves!) I'll work out a little harder that morning.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and I'll be thinking of you while I'm laying on the beach!!
I'll be around, checking at night!
I'll have one of these for you too!:drinker: :drinker:
:heart: Jennifer

Replies

• jenbar
    Options
    and my little guy is sick! Has a fever and this stinks! Spent an hour in an immediate medical center and had to get antibiotics! We made it to the beach today though. I think we'll keep it low key tomorrow. Maybe hang out in the pools.
    I went to the fitness center this morning. Got in 1/2 hour on a bike (it was my only option since the gym was packed and kind of small) then did some weights. Burned around 300 calories. If I can do that everyday, I should at least maintain.
    Last night I made quinoa. I chopped up red and green peppers, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, basil, garlic added in olive oil and lemon juice. It made A LOT!!! So I packed 3 containers to take to the beach and have a huge portion left over for more! When we went shopping last night, I was so good and made sure we got a lot of good stuff for me (and them) My husband has a tendency to get stuck in this vacation food he always gets. I just made sure to get lots of veggies. Boiled some eggs, sliced a lot of watermelon, etc.
    I did have some lowfat ice cream tonight on the boardwalk. But I figured I did pretty good today, so I had it and figured it was my exercise calories. And on the day my husband and I are going to go out and eat (by ourselves!) I'll work out a little harder that morning.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and I'll be thinking of you while I'm laying on the beach!!
    I'll be around, checking at night!
    I'll have one of these for you too!:drinker: :drinker:
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options
    Where are you on vacay???
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh Jen, I hope your little guy is okay!!!! hate when our kids get sick...but he's on vaca too...oh man!!! hugs to you guys!

as for the eating you are rockin' the party girl!!! *high five* !!!!

It sounds like you'll be fine....hope you enjoy dinner w/ the hubby!!!

hugs and have a blast pretty lady!
    Ali :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey Jen! Hope your son is ok!! Poor guy!! Tell him J.T. says "HI!" hahaha

Have a great time! Talk to you soon!! And just enjoy yourself!!

:flowerforyou:
    -Tam
  • jenbar
    Options
    thanks all, he's feeling better. wouldn't nap before biking to dinner though. gonna be a problem on the way home tonight!
    We're in Delaware! Bethany Beach and it's beautiful!
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Jennifer
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Have fun on your vacation. I wish I could go somewhere fun on vacation. :frown: Glad your little one is feeling better. :flowerforyou:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear he is sick...but at least you have off to be with him!!!!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hey there!!! I'm glad you get to be on vacation, sorry it is a lot of work!
  • jenbar
    Options
    Doing much better!
    We decided to ride our bikes into the town. We had a great dinner on the ocean (I had pan seared tuna on a bed of seaweed, zucchini and mashed potatoes YUMMY! We decided to do some shopping and came out to the blackest skies with lightening! We had to jump on our bikes and try and make it home before the storm! My poor little guy was riding his little heart out! But we made it!
    Boy, this is an interesting vacation!
    Keep you all updated!
    p.s. at least I got in a lot of bike riding today! I wish I lived on flat ground 'cause these beach bikes are fun!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    thanks all, he's feeling better. wouldn't nap before biking to dinner though. gonna be a problem on the way home tonight!
    Jennifer

YEA Bethany!! Boo sick boy!! Bethany is my stomping ground!! My Dad lives in Rehobeth and I have an office in Lewes!!! Enjoy the beautiful beaches!!! Are you going to over to Rehobeth at all?
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Glad he's feeling better. Have a great time it sounds great!

-Adrienne:heart:
  • jenbar
    Options
    Jennifer

YEA Bethany!! Boo sick boy!! Bethany is my stomping ground!! My Dad lives in Rehobeth and I have an office in Lewes!!! Enjoy the beautiful beaches!!! Are you going to over to Rehobeth at all?

Hey, we might hit the outlets or the raceway. My boys love it! We'll see. Doesn't seem to be enough hours in our day!
  • jenbar
    Options
    Well, this vacation seems to be an exciting one.
    Lost my little guy for about a minute today! We were all riding our bikes home, I had my bigger one with me ahead of my husband and my 4 yr. old. We got way ahead of them, got home, waited for them, my older one went to see what was taking so long, I then went to see where he went, then I saw my husband and oldest son and NO younger one!!! Where the heck did he go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He was on a bike and he's nowhere in sight!
    I had to go back a ways, not there, we're all screaming RYAN, RYAN!!!!
    People are now turning there heads, looking for him! We start heading back towards the house, then a woman said are you looking for a little guy with a helmet on a bike?
    YES!!! He went that way!
    whew, found him. he took a turn too soon, but did find our house. good Lord!
    Not a good feeling!
    GIVE ME STRENGTH!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Well, this vacation seems to be an exciting one.
    Lost my little guy for about a minute today! We were all riding our bikes home, I had my bigger one with me ahead of my husband and my 4 yr. old. We got way ahead of them, got home, waited for them, my older one went to see what was taking so long, I then went to see where he went, then I saw my husband and oldest son and NO younger one!!! Where the heck did he go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He was on a bike and he's nowhere in sight!
    I had to go back a ways, not there, we're all screaming RYAN, RYAN!!!!
    People are now turning there heads, looking for him! We start heading back towards the house, then a woman said are you looking for a little guy with a helmet on a bike?
    YES!!! He went that way!
    whew, found him. he took a turn too soon, but did find our house. good Lord!
    Not a good feeling!
    GIVE ME STRENGTH!!!

Oh my gosh! I was feeling anxious just reading that!! :flowerforyou:

Hope the rest of your trip is stess free! :smile: